At this point, Ron and Hermione changed their facial expression.

"But, really, under all of that army he had constructed, lived a decent guy. He just needed someone to help him come out of his shell. And it seems like I'm that person. You see, we get each other, guys. I feel like I'm home, with him. He's like that dark part of me... but at the same time, that part of me that can make me happy like no one else can."

As soon as Harry was done speaking, he noticed that Hermione was teary-eyed. Not that it was hard for her to become emotional, but he was glad that she'd reacted like that to his speech about how he felt for Draco.

"Oh, Harry..." the girl said, "These words are just so beautiful." She was now crying freely. Ron put his arms around her. Harry was pleased to see that Ron, too, seemed to have understood what he had meant.

"What has gotten into you lately, Draco?" Blaise asked his friend, down at the Slytherin table. He must have noticed his enhanced good mood. Plus, the way he kept glancing at the Gryffindor table didn't help.

"Ah, guys..." Draco said, addressing both him and Pansy. "Did I ever tell you that I love you?"

Pansy gave him the most weirded out look ever. "Um... no... Draco, as we both noticed... there's something in the air. And you were afraid I'd tell-"

"It was nothing, really." Draco interrupted her. "It was just that I had copied from Granger during Potions." He shrugged.

"Oh..." Pansy said, although she didn't look too convinced of what she had just heard. "Isn't it that you like her, perhaps?"

At this, Draco laughed so hard that he had tears in his eyes. When he finally stopped laughing, he took a breath. "Oh, aren't you so funny, Pans?" He said, wiping a tear. Draco was genuinely entertained. Oh boy, if she knew who he really liked...

"Malfoy, can you believe it, Luna!" Ginny said to her friend, that same day. They were walking to Herbology, that they both had in common. "From what I know, they're pretending to hate each other still. I don't understand how he can just... be with him, you know?"

"Oh I can't be too surprised, my dear friend." said Luna. "He literally ogled him all the time. I don't think the nargles had anything to do with it, at this point." Luna raised her shoulders.

"I mean, I never saw him look at you the way he did him."

Ginny gave her a dirty look. "Well, Thanks for reminding me... Oh,I really want them to pay. Here's what I'm going to do..." The Weasley girl said as they were entering the greenhouse.

"Are you planning to set him on fire?" Luna asked, putting on her gloves inside out.

"I'm not that mad at him... No, I will hit him where it hurts the most." Ginny said. She moved closer to Luna. "His heart." She then whispered, crunching a bean, making a red substance ooze out of it.

-------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, at the Defence Against The Dark Arts class, the new professor for that year, Miss Sivan, came bearing results for the NEWTs mock test the students had taken a week earlier.

Miss Adrastea Sivan was a young woman, possibly in her thirties. Her teal blue hair fell in a cascade of curls on her shoulders and, as it moved, it scattered glitter everywhere. Many speculated that she was some kind of a veela, but it was never confirmed. She was very fond of long, white cloaks, which gave Harry the idea that she was always ready for her own wedding.

Many boys in the class were mesmerized by her apparent delicate manners, but in reality she was a very strong witch. Perfect for the subject, Harry always thought.