“I… love you…” I murmured staring down at my hands. And that’s when I remembered the cookies I made for Himuro; the cookies that were stepped on and crushed by those girls who I don’t even know.

I felt remorse for not even letting him see or taste it. I really look forward to see his face once he tastes them. Good or bad, I want some feedback. But unfortunately, they were wasted.

“Hitomi” Himuro’s hand made its way to intertwine with mine as he stared deeply into my eyes. “Are you okay?”

I felt my breath got caught up for a second. Damn, Himuro is handsome. No far from that; gorgeous. How on earth was I able to catch his heart with this pitiful look of mine?

I sighed and leaned my head on his chest. “I’m just tired. Can you bring me home?” I requested, energy draining out of my body. I hear him hum an okay and the next thing I knew, he was giving me a piggy back ride. I buried my face on his back and just closed my eyes for a bit as he carried me home.

He walked along the hallways of Yosen High before we heard Mayu and Kensuke’s voice calling out to us, and footsteps approaching that belonged to them.

“Tatsuya-kun, there you are! We’ve been looking everywhere for you! Have you forgotten about Hitomi’s surprise—” Mayu stopped on her words when she saw me behind Himuro’s back, being carried. Worry filled her eyes as she asked what happened, panic found on her tone. Kensuke had to calm her down, bringing her in his arms. Wait, what’s going on? “Hitomi…” Mayu uttered, starting to cry and feel sorry for me.

I hated it.

I hated it whenever people pity me or even look at me as if I’m a fragile vulnerable little girl. I’m fucking 18 years old for Pete’s sake. I don’t need to be treated like an 8 year old!

“Himuro, what happened?” Kensuke questioned with authority as if he was ready to attack someone and rip their throats out. I stiffened while Himuro told them the whole story.

Kensuke was enraged while Mayu kept on saying sorry to me as if she was a broken tape. I wasn’t in the mood that I almost snapped at her if only Himuro hadn’t but in by announcing he’ll take me home.

“But Tatsuya-kun what about the—”

“It doesn’t matter. I’ll take Hitomi home. You guys should head home as well”

Himuro stated before leaving the two staring at us.

“By the way, have you seen Suzume in the gym? Everyone was there except her. Even Iguru” I heard Kensuke ask Mayu who I suspect to just shrug. What’s going on between the two – three of them?

I sighed exhaustedly and looked at Himuro, deciding to ask what the surprise was all about. “Ah, that. Well since it’s Valentine’s Day today, I planned on asking you out for dinner tonight. But since —”

“Wait, seriously?” I cut him off, surprised. He smiled and nodded. I suddenly felt guilty. “Sorry…”

“It’s okay. I mean, I did get to make-out with you” he teased making me blush.

“Shut up, pervert” I hit his back lightly.

We made our way out of Yosen High and out to the streets where I saw an already darkened sky. We passed by the river bank where we first watched the sunset together, and I can feel a tug of my heartstrings go wild. It made my heart beat faster and my head pound like crazy.

Himuro crossed the final road before we reached my apartment building which was just a few blocks away from his. He proceeded to the elevator while still carrying me and dug the keys from my bag that was hanging from my body when we reached my door. Opening it, he set me down on the entrance hall and placed my bag on the ground. I just looked at him as he stared back.