Striking the match

At the after party

The lights were dim and there was a table of drinks in the corner. All the couples were on stage mixing with each other after the show, some arms wrapped around each other, some hand in hand but two were standing apart. 

Dianne was eager to get to know her other half, however, Joe had other ideas. He knew that if he was to do well on the show he would have to have chemistry with his partner but something about Dianne was putting him off.

Dianne's POV

Everyone seems so happy, smiling away, I thought whilst gazing around the room, stopping once joe caught my eye. When will he put his arm around me... "Snap out of it Dianne! You have a boyfriend..." I thought to myself. Well, maybe I should go over and start a conversation with him, what's the worst that could happen? 

Joe's POV

"Gosh, here she comes" The mysterious redhead made her way toward me, even though she scares me, you have to admit that she is breathtakingly beautiful, almost like a deadly mermaid who lulls you into the ocean with her angelic voice, and mesmerizing looks- "Wanna drink Suggy?" A strong Australia accent snaps me out of my fantasy, "urr sure" I mumble, avoiding eye contact, knowing it will make me blush. Damn, she's going to have me wrapped around he finger in rehearsals with the power she holds over me. 

Skip to the end of the party

You've guessed it! Most of the cast had gone home, leaving just AJ, Dianne and Joe. A couple minutes passed and AJ's taxi arrived, leaving the pair standing in reception. 

"Fuck" Dianne cursed, my brother was meant to be picking me up but he's been called into work at the fire station. (A/N note, IDK what he does for a living, just go with it!)

Joe looked up from his phone, excited this was his time to take charge! 

"You can stay at mine tonight Di, it's only a short taxi ride away, I can drop you back to your flat in the morning?"  

"Honestly are you sure? I know you're my partner but I don't really know you yet?"

"Of course! It will give us a chance to get to know each other!"