Opening Up

Jacey's POV

I couldn't believe that had just happened. My mind was blank, at this time I just wanted to die. Damon hugged me; I felt so secure in his arms. I couldn't take it and I broke down;Damon just rubbed my back and whispered that everything was going to be ok.

Damon's POV

It really did hurt me seing her like this. I didn't know she self-harmed and at the point all I could do was hug her and tell her that everything was going to be alright. I wanted to help her but I didn't know how. She was really nice and didn't deserve all the shit she was going through. After a few minutes, she finally stopped crying. I wanted to talk to her but I couldn't find the words to say.

Jacey's POV

Oh no! Damon is going to think I'm a freak and he's not going to want to be my friend anymore. He didn't seem to care but I knew he was only hugging me because he felt bad for me. I didn't want anyone's sympathy especially not Damon's. I decided to pull away even though I felt safe in Damon's arms. I started walking away but he stopped me.

"Where are you going?"He asked.

"It's not like you cared anyways"

"Well you're wrong, I do care and I care a lot. You aren't the only one who has suffered with self-harm"

At that moment, he took off his bracelets and showed me a few fresh cuts and a lot of scars. I was shocked. How can a perfect guy like him self-harm? He's cute and seems to be loved by everyone and everything. I was speechless; I couldn't find the right words to say.

"It's ok. You don't need to say anything, I just want you to know that I'll always be here for you no matter what."

After he finished talking, I pulled him into a hug. I didn't want him to hurt himself but I was glad I finally found someone who understood me. He hugged back and we stayed in that position for a few minutes. The bell rang, signaling lunch was over but I didn't want to go back in class. I couldn't really concentrate after all I had been through.

"Let's ditch" I said.

"What? Are you serious?"

"Hell yeah I'm serious. Let's go"

And with that I grabbed his hand and took him to the back of the school where all of the 'rebel' people ditched from. At the back of the school there was a broken fence where you could get out from. I'm not going to lie, I was pretty scared but it was worth it. I didn't want to return to that hell hole full of shitty people.

Damon's POV

I was nervous. What if we get caught? What if I get suspended? What if I die? Ok maybe not die but still I was scared and all these questions flooding through my mind weren't helping. If you couldn't tell, I have really bad anxiety but I didn't want to tell Jacey. I was trying to keep calm and acting like everything was normal. I didn't want to have a panic attack in front of Jacey. Once I knew it, we were out of the school. Well that wasn't that bad.

"There's a fast food place nearby. Do you want to go there and hang out until school's out?Jacey asked.

"Sure" I responded.

We walked a while and we finally got there. We entered and sat down. I was thinking of what I told Jacey; nobody knew I self-harmed but I was pretty glad I told her. I feel like we share a lot in common and we both have been through a lot in life. We had been quiet for a while so I decided to break the ice and ask her a question.

"May I know why you self-harm? It's ok if you don't want to tell me."

"You can know but only because I can trust you and I hope you can keep this between us"

I nodded.

"It all started about 2 years ago when my mom passed away. She was the only one who understood me and that truly cared for me. When she died, my whole world came tumbling down. I fell into a deep depression and stopped talking to the few friends I had. I felt like my life was not worth living. I attempted comitting  suicide twice but it never worked. My dad put me in some rehab facility for a year but not because he cared about me, he just wanted me gone. When I got out, I went to live with my aunt for a few months then I had to go back with my dad. I self-harmed because I found it as an escape to the shitty life I was living. It was and still is hell living with my dad. He doesn't abuse me but it's sad knowing your father doesn't love you. Since then, I have been self-harming."

I really didn't know what to say. I didn't know she had been through all that crap.

"I'm really sorry but now you have me and I will never let you down nor leave your side. You don't have to be alone anymore and you can always count on me."

She smiled and hugged me. I'm really glad she opened up; I feel closer to her and I hope she feels the same way.