Lauren looked between her parents in confusion.

"It hurts," Camila cries out weakly, gripping tighter onto Marcus.

"Let's go." Ally said.

Marcus carried Camila out to the car.

****

Ten hours later

Camila was sound asleep in the hospital bed, both her son and daughter were in the nicu because they were born three months early.

"Are we going to be able to cope with two newborn babies?" Ally asked, resting her head on Marcus's shoulder. "Is she going to be able to cope?" She looked at her daughter worriedly.

Kissing her forehead, Marcus sighs softly. "We'll try our hardest, no matter what happens."

Ally nodded slowly. "I hope so."

"I can't believe we have a grandson and granddaughter." Marcus says softly.

"You make us sound so old." Ally said.

Grinning, Marcus looks into her eyes. "I mean we're both in our early to late thirties."

"We are not old." Ally said. "We still have some life left in us."

Chuckling, Marcus kisses Ally gently. "Okay, we're not old."

Ally smiled softly. "I'm going to call Dinah and check up on the girls."

"I'm going to the cafeteria, you want anything?" Marcus asks softly.

Ally shook her head. "I'm good." She pulled her phone out of her bag.

Nodding, Marcus gets up and kisses Ally gently before moving to leave the room.

Ally dialed Dinah's number.

"Hey mama, how is she?" Dinah asks immediately.

"She's okay. Sleeping just now. How are you girls?" Ally asked softly.

"Good, Lauren's in her room drawing and Mani is taking a nap." Dinah responds softly.

"Good." Ally responded. "Have you three had breakfast?"

"Yeah, I made pancakes." Dinah says, Ally could hear movement on the other end of the phone. "So do I have a niece or nephew?"

"Both." Ally said. "She was pregnant with twins."

"What!?" Dinah asks in shock.

"She had twins." Ally repeated. "A boy and a girl."

Dinah takes a deep breath. "Can we handle that?"

"I don't know." Ally admitted. "But we'll just have to try... for Camila. If we don't, we might lose her forever."

"Yeah, um Lauren wants to talk to dad." the oldest of the girls says softly.

"He's in the cafeteria just now. Is she okay?" Ally asked worriedly.

Dinah sighs softly. "All she said is she wants to talk to him."

"She's not panicking, is she?" Ally asked.

"Doesn't seem like it, but she really wants to talk to dad." Dinah responds softly.

"Okay. I'll go get him." Ally got up and left Camila's room.

Dinah glances at Lauren, watching the younger girl shift nervously.

"Get Lillie to sit next to her." Ally told Dinah.

"Lillie." Dinah calls out for the dog.

Lillie trotted into the room and looked at Dinah expectantly, her ears pricked.