CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

We safely landed in New York we were staying at the Four Seasons Chris left to attend a meeting while I went for my audition.

The auditions were being held at one of the many theaters in the city in Brooklyn, Chris left a car service for me to get around the city traffic in LA is horrible but New York traffic is even worse, I wanted to take public transportation but Chris advised me not to simply because I'm not familiar with the area and he didn't want me walking around New York City alone. But I was up for an adventure I wanted to get the feel of the city take a subway ride but I'll leave that experience for another time.

It's already 3:30 and auditions are being held promptly at 4:30 I was only a few blocks away from my destination I hopped out walking the rest of the of way I told the driver to wait for me at the address I gave him.

My agent told me to dress casual so I wore a pair of blue jeans and a white tank the weather wasn't chilly it's the middle of summertime and the weather was perfect once I reached the theater the line was down the block , lots of girls different shapes and sizes some faces were familiar some weren't.

When I finally got inside to check in I was seated in a room with at least one-hundred other actresses male and female. At first I wasn't nervous but seeing all of these girls wanting the same role I was trying to get made me feel a little incompetent, I saw the girl that plays Abbie Mills from Sleepy Hollow Nicole Beharie and I also seen Bianca Lawson from Pretty Little Liars these girls are established actresses I'm just a singer.

I felt discouraged and I felt like I had no business being here I felt like I was gonna have a panic attack so I got up to get a drink of water I had to relax my phone vibrated in my pocket.

It was Chris..

" how's the audition going?" He asked.

I'm glad he called because right now I needed to talk to somebody before my anxiety got the best of me.

" I haven't been seen yet.. babe I really don't wanna go in there" I said.

" why?" He asked.

" it's thousands of actors here who I'm pretty sure have been acting for years and probably have more of a right to be here, I'm just here for exposure I feel sort of bad that I'd be taking a role away from a real actor" I said.

" don't think like that babe your just trying to talk yourself out of auditioning I know it could be nerve wreaking.. you work hard too you have every right to be in that room as much as those other people" he said.

He made me feel a little at ease maybe he's right.

" how do you cope during auditions?" I asked.

" I've never had to audition.. but don't worry you'll be fine if they say no it's always other jobs and if they say yes than great" he said.

" hold up your not gonna skip past that you've never had to audition? You didn't have to audition for The Takers" I asked.

" no.. the role was written for me but don't worry babe stick it though and we'll deal with it together once you get back" he said.

I smiled though the phone " you always know how to make me feel better" I said.

" that's what I'm here for.. but I gotta get back in my meeting we're rapping up call me once your out of there" he said.

I hung up with him and I took a deep breath my seat was taken hell all the seats were taken so I had to stand against the wall.

Everyone was being called in groups and I was grouped with nine other girls once we entered the room there was three people in the room and ten guys came in lines up on the opposite side of us.