Le Sars de hijabi <3

August 31st 2010; a very important day in my life. The day I decided I'd start wearing a hijab. In the start it was difficult, yeah- it was hard with a capital H. I felt super hot and the look in people's eyes changed. You'd think it'd be easier to start wearing the hijab in a Muslim country-think again.

It was the exact opposite of easy. Api helped me out a lot, Alhamdulillah! She showed me some awesome videos. Ladies speaking about being a hijabi with pride( positive course) and confidence! They were great confidence boosters. I knew I was doing it to please my Allah and all Allah's rules are to protect us.

Even in the prayer Allah(swt) has kept numerous medical benefits! SubhanAllah! I made it through just fine. It has now come to a point where I feel quite naked without my hijab! Its my protection-a barrier around my person, to keep me safe and a source of confidence for me.

I look back at the hard days with a smile! I love myself for the right decision from four years ago. My hair are all guarded and covered away. Like the precious gem they are! I don't get checked out like an object by guys. Well OK I still do. Guys are guys its in their nature to check girls out. But how sad lol they don't get to see much.

Haha so yeah some people think the hijab has got something to do with being submissive to men. Well do i sound submissive to you? I'm a hijabi and proud Alhamdulillah! I'm no eye-candy or forbidden fruit to be put out on display to tease and please men or to be measured, envied and judged by other women.

Know who i am? I'm a valuable and powerful gem. I choose what to show and who to show it to! No na-mehram will be able to see the most precious thing I possess (my body). Why do I cover up? The answer's very simple. Because Allah wants me to! I don't need a clarification to follow the command.

Allah says in Surah Al-Ahzab:

Surah Al-Ahzab, Verse 59:

يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ قُل لِّأَزْوَاجِكَ وَبَنَاتِكَ وَنِسَاءِ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ يُدْنِينَ عَلَيْهِنَّ مِن جَلَابِيبِهِنَّ ذَٰلِكَ أَدْنَىٰ أَن يُعْرَفْنَ فَلَا يُؤْذَيْنَ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا

O Prophet! say to your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers that they let down upon them their over-garments; this will be more proper, that they may be known, and thus they will not be given trouble; and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

However, that doesn't mean there isn't one. Let me give you an example I heard in one of Doctor Zakir's lectures. Picture two beautiful ladies. They are identical twins. One wears revealing clothes, that cling to her body-showing it off. While the other has a jilbab plus a hijab covering her. Who do you think has a greater chance of getting raped? Common sense, no? The one with the revealing clothes of course!

Why put yourself up against such danger? Its how you dress up that ensures your safety! Don't tempt them, don't get harassed- end of story. Don't go crying to everyone and their dog about how unfare the men are. If you tempt them yourself shut up you deserved it so deal with it now. Well OK nobody deserves the r word its too horrible! So yeah let's cover up! OK? OK! Smart decision!