The Afterlife (Naruto YAOI)

Hey, Hi, Hello.

Welcome to The Afterlife. This is a oneshot, SasoDei! This just hit me and I couldn't help but write it despite the fact I have about twenty other things I need to write instead. Please enjoy:D comment and vote! Sasori's POV.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Naruto or Yiruma.

Anything in bold is important or with emphasis.

This is what thoughts look like.

--

FANDOM: Naruto

TITLE: 'The Afterlife'

AUTHOR: slasheRR, obviously.

PAIRING: SasoDei, minor KisaIta and various other Akatsuki yaoi-het pairings. (SasorixDeidara//KisamexItachi, yaoi.malexmale.homosexual love)

RATING: PG-ish.

LEMON/LIME: No. Just fluff.

WARNINGS: Serious fluff. Perhaps a bit sad, but not very. AU, OOC. A bit rushed. Doesn't make much sense, but oh well.

--

   I felt alone.

   I was in the shinobi Afterlife, where ninjas go when they die. There was no good or evil here, just the dead who happened to be ninja. And no hard feelings or hatred was harbored, that much was obvious. Orochimaru and Sarutobi played cards out in the common room often, and my parents sometimes spent time with Hatake Sakumo and his wife. Chiyo-baa-chan has taken up drinking some weird herbal tea with Sakumo's wife at least once a week. And Tsunade was the one who discovered that yes, her former team mates and Sannin were very much gay and very much together.

   Even with all of these people around me, the ones I wish I could have talked to when we were both still alive, I felt empty. All because I didn't have my little blonde bomber. I had been dead for almost three years, and while I was glad that he hadn't died, I was just a bit upset that I didn't have him. Call me selfish, I don't care. I wanted him. Deidara, Dei-chan, Dei-koi, my gaki.

   I try to push these feelings away. I was in the middle of working on a puppet, and I certainly didn't need to mess up on it. I carve the face out carefully, forming the lines with precision. I had been working on this puppet for nearly an entire year. I had to have it absolutely perfect, amazing in every way. It was a puppet of Deidara, the second of him I had made since I had been here. Even though I didn't need the puppets for battle anymore, I still made them out of habit. Puppet making soothed my nerves.

   A knock on the door startles me, and I curse under my breath as my hand jerks slightly and I almost ruin part of the puppet. I set my carving tool on my work bench and I stand swiftly. In the Afterlife, everyone got their own room, only sharing if they had a significant other. My room was pretty simple- a bed, a closet, a work bench, a desk.

   I open the door. It's Itachi. "Yes, Itachi-san?" I ask him.

   "We have another arrival, Sasori-san," Itachi tells me, his black eyes blank.

   "We've had three today," I mutter. "Okay, I'm coming."

   "There's fighting between two villages," Itachi comments. I nod, and we head down to the common room. People are already there, taking seats and getting ready to watch the screen. Whenever a nin died, any who cared watched their death scenes as a strange form of respect. It seemed morbid to me, but I could and would go through with it.

   Everyone got settled in their seats and the lights flicker off. The image begins playing against the wall. I lean back into my seat. All of the Akatsuki was dead except for Deidara, and we all sat together. On one side of me, there was Itachi. On the other, an empty chair. For him, of course. I focus on the  images dancing across the wall. It was a familiar set up- a forest clearing. A long haired blonde sat next to a campfire, messing with something. My heart flies into my throat when I realize who it was- him. My Deidara. A bittersweet sort of smile breaks out across my face. So it was his turn.