I was heading back to my apartment to put on something more provocative when I opened the front doors and found Dane working on the staircase and that's when I realized my job just got a whole lot easier.

"Dane, I didn't know you'd be here again today." I turned on my charm and smiled up at him.

He smiled back before standing up, brushing his hands on the front of his jeans. "Yeah, I figured I'd get started on these stairs while Dash ran over to our other project to meet with the owners. No clients again today?"

I laughed. "Oh, I've got a client coming in later today. But hey, while you're here, do you mind coming upstairs and taking a look at my..." I paused, having no idea why he should come upstairs. I couldn't exactly tell him to come look at my vagina or take me on the couch like he means it. Did I have something for him to fix? Then I remembered something that hasn't worked since I moved in. "My ceiling fan in my bedroom."

He nodded, clearly happy to help me out. "Yeah, for sure."

I climbed the stairs, passing by him closer than I normally would as he turned and followed behind me with a grin on his face.

After unlocking my door, I led him inside and shut the door behind us. "It's this way." I smiled at him over my shoulder before heading into the bedroom with Dane right behind me. "It hasn't worked since I moved in. The light works fine but the fan doesn't work at all."

He looked up at the light and without even toughing it he looked at me with a cocked an eyebrow. "It's probably the unit itself. I can get you a new one but it won't get replaced today unfortunately."

I nodded. "Alright, well I do appreciate you helping me out anyways. I wish there was a way I could repay you for all your help." I lowered my voice and slowly walked up to him, placing my hands on his chest as I slowly slid them up to his shoulders and neck.

He was watching me intently through hooded eyes as I stared up into his. I watched him lean down then as he took my lips with his. My body reacted to his touch and I was surprised by this. I wasn't the type of girl to have an interest in more than one man at once. I pressed my chest into him as I stepped even closer to him, wrapping my arms around his neck while his arms went around my waist.

I couldn't help but notice the difference between the brothers. Dash was more rough and had more fire and knew what he wanted and took what he wanted. Where Dane seemed to be a more gentle lover, almost as if he were waiting for my permission to kiss me deeper or to touch me more intimately. I thought that was admirable and all, but I wanted a man who was going to take charge in the bedroom and to tell me what to do and how to do it.

But I wasn't worried about taking care of my needs so much as needing to sleep with Dane to push Dash away. No matter how screwed up it all sounded, this needed to happen. I had a rough past and was no princess, so this shouldn't be so difficult, but it was. I actually felt like a bad person for doing this because Dash was genuinely a good person.

"What the fuck?"

I pulled my lips from Dane's and saw Dash standing in my bedroom doorway with a confused look on his face.

"D-Dash. It isn't..." Well, I was going to say that it isn't what it looks like, but it really is. And maybe I got lucky by him walking in and finding us just kissing and not actually sleeping together. It would definitely make my life much easier.

"Dude, what took you so long?" Dane asked over his shoulder, still holding onto my hips.

Now I was the confused on. What did he mean, what took him so long? And why wasn't Dash pissed off and yelling at me?