Chapter 6: The Power of Names

A small time thug stands in the streets at an intersection. He heard something when he was passing by a kid that could imitate a bush and a old lady with a giant needle. The kid had shouted something about meeting with All Might? 'This could be something big! If I told that hand freak I could get so much money! I'll be rich!' These thoughts in mind the thug rushes off, without anyone to witness him, to a ruined bar where a man with severed hands and a shadowy man occupy.

The next morning at the Midoriya household

Inko Midoriya was in the middle of watching the news, mainly for the weather. She did not have to go into work today so she decided she would stay at home today.

Inko works in a small clothing store close by her house. She would sew clothes, knit blankets, sweaters, and scarfs, and add adjustments to clothes.

It was tiring work at times but it help pay the bills and help afford extra things. The only way she could have kept buying Izuku all the All Might merch or other things like extra clothes and furniture was through getting a job. Hisashi's job overseas did provide lots of money for Inko and Izuku, but sometimes it wasn't enough for other needs due to Hisashi having to split money between him and Inko.

The job did give Inko a good hobby though, and no more spending extra money buying Izuku scarves every year because they would eventually be burned to a crisp due to Katsuki Bakugou's challenging that Izuku would never except, which led to Katsuki 'blowing up' in rage.

While watching the news, she didn't expect Izuku to come out of his room, looking ready, as well as he could given his taste in clothes, for some kind of meeting.

"Izuku, where are you going this early?" Izuku jolts in place. He didn't expect to have to go through his mother of all people, but in hindsight he should have predicted it. 'I can't tell her that I'm meeting All Might! She might faint from the surprise!'

Another thing to note about Inko Midoriya was that she was more of a worrier over her son than anything else.

"Ah I um, I'm going to uh  check out the band performing in the streets today?" 'That really sounded like a question.' Inko got a little suspicious and narrowed her eyes. "Izuku honey." "Yeah..?" Izuku cautiously answers. "You're not going out with a secret girlfriend are you?"

A pause.

A bit of processing.

And Izuku is a stuttering mess.

"No! Nononono! It's not that! I don't have a girlfriend. I'm not into any of my classmates, not to say they're are ugly or anything, or they're not pretty. I mean I don't think they're prett!y Oh no that's probably an insult to them I should go-" Izuku feels a hand on his shoulder and looks up to see his mother's gaze on him.

"Izuku, I know it's a little selfish of me but I still like to watch over you like you when you were a child. It's ok that you have a girlfriend, as long as you love her and she loves you I'm fine."

Tears streaming heavily from both Midoriyas faces, they both hug. "Don't worry mom I could never leave you alone!" Izuku proudly states.

While this is a bonding moment between parent and child, one thing was forgotten that Izuku did not clear up.

The girlfriend matter.

About 40 minutes later in the hospital.

Izuku nervously steps up to the from desk to the clerk who looks bored out of his mind.

He looks up at Izuku and sighs to himself. "What are you doing here, kid? This is a hospital, not a gathering spot for friends." "I-I-I'm here to see Al-I mean T-T-Toshinori Yagi please." 'It's not like I have any friends to hang out with anyway.' Izuku thinks sadly.