Chapter Two: First Day

CHAPTER TWO

Kat

Getting out of the car, Benny said, "Have a good day and please try to stay out of trouble."

Michael laughed,"I'll try, but I don't know about Kat. With her 3 suspensions and smart ass attitude, I think every teacher is in deep depths with her."

Knowing it was true, Benny simply responded, "I'll pick you up after school." Poor Benny, he received calls from the school to come to the campus to explain for my unexplained absences, my rude behaviour towards the school staff, my "fellow" students and for the vandalising of the school property. He's been to the campus office several times that he was invited to the vice prinicipal's niece's Christianing. Interrupting my deep thoughts, I heard someone yelling out my name.

"KAT! KAT!" It was Lola. Running towards me with her short, red pixie hair staying in place, probably because of all the hair wax, while waving a piece of paper in her hand.

"Oh boy, here comes the dear amigo", Michael said.

"Piss off!" I had enough of Michael for one morning.

"Gladly."

Stopping in front of me, Lola said, "Hey. Did you see the newsletter?" Great more drama. The school magazin committee thought it would be a great idea if the newsletter had a section filled with rumours of my life. Greatly pissed, I complained to the teacher in charge, Mr. Oliver, of course he didn't like me so he just merely nodded and pretended he cared.

"Great what lie do they have on me now?", I said not caring anymore.

"Well, it wasn't as that bad from last term. Remember, the Kat Oneill pregnant scare being spread around the whole school?"

"Oh yeah, that was funny. Well, what is it this time?"

Putting the newsletter in front of my face to eyelevel, I saw a picture of me smoking in back of the school gynasium, it was obviously edited to make it look more like me. "So what? Everyone knows i'm a pothead. I don't really care. I don't really see the big deal."

Lola rolled her eyes, "Don't you get it? This newsletter goes to everyone's houses. If my mom sees this, she'll never let you in the house. Seriously, she will rip your lungs out if she saw you." Lola's mom used to be a crackhead, but ever since the divorce and rehab era, she decided to quit.

"Oh yeah, have you talked to Coling yet?"

Colin the dickhead, we'd only been dating for a week before he decided to cheat on me with one of those slutty cheerleaders, Taylor Kho. She was the head cheerleader and the sluttiest one out of all of them. "S-L-U-T, whats that spell? Taylor!" Of course, Colin made up a sad excuse like, "She was the one coming on to me. Besides, babe you're the only one for me." Yeah, right.

"No. He hasn't called me so why should I call him?"

"You're still mad at him aren't you?" She was always pushing me to talk, but I simply changed the subject.

"So anything new while I was away?" The bell had already rung, so we made our way to our homeroom.

"Oh yeah." She looked around. "Huh, he's not here."

"Who are you talking about?" I asked.

"The new kid, his name's Jeremy Something. I forgot his last name."

Regular girls would get to the point and ask "Is he cute?", but not me.

"Is he hot?"

"Tch. No. He's totally not hot.", she probably got shut down or something. Lola NEVER uses the word Totally, Not and Hot all in the same sentence. "He thinks hes all that. Just because he's all foreign and everything, he thinks he can get all the girls with his messy hair, his mysterious accent---" Yeap she got shut down. "But anyways, he's too ugly and hes deinitely......" Lola fell silent. I looked up to her, she was turning a bright red and she was staring at the door. I followed her gaze and there was a guy standing there, this must've been Jeremy. He didn't look that bad. His hair was a dark charcoal colour and it fell in all different places on his head. His eyes were a penetrating dark green colour and his body was lean. He looked okay to me.

"Ah, I thought you'd never join us Mr. De Vera."

"Sorry, sister. I was late because I missed the bus. It'll never happen again."

Expecting Sister Gomez to go apeshit at him, the whole class was watching especially the girls. "Alright, apology accepted, but I expect you to keep your word. Now take your seat." Whoa, Sister Gomez, a nun whos known or her reputation of giving detention just let the new kid go. No one ever gets the slap on the wrist, we had to pay with our time. Someone who has this kind of effect on a nun, I have to be friends with them.

Jeremy sat in front of me. "Hey, my name's Kat. You're name's Jeremy right?"

No answer, he just looked at me as with a bored look. "Um so, who do you have for your classes?" Again, no answer. "Look, I'm trying to be nice to you. The least you can do is reply." He looked me in the eye, his eyes suddenly turned into a light green.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn;t hear you. Where you talking to me? I thought you were a crazy person and talking to yourself." Okay, what the hell. Why was this guy being a total dick, I just met the guy and he's already making trouble with me.

"Ugh, dude whats your problem?"

"Oh nothing, I just dont like talking to people who are crazy." With that he stood up and the bell rang. He was the first one to walk out of the room. Everyone looked after him, especially me. I couldn't believe it, the new guy enemies with me, me? The most bad ass person in the world. Tch, whatever his lost.

"Told you so, the guys a total douchbag."

"Whatever, lets go." We walked to science, while Lola was jabbering on about her plans this weekend, I stayed quiet. What was that guy's problem? And why didn't I say something clever to him? I always have the last say in it......Ugh. I am so pissed now, I have to deal with this later, I can't afford losing my rep as the bad ass Kat.