Chapter 3

Weed was usually cold, it had winter just like every other place, and today was no exception. Hence the sweater she'd worn this morning and the heater in the hotel being turned on. And now, being outside and disenchanted from the muddy pits of confusion, Dawn was freezing her nips off. Maybe she should've left the sweater on.

His grip didn't lax as they walked down the street at a leisurely pace. Granted his legs were longer than hers so his leisurely pace was her brisk walking, and that started to warm her body. His body was close enough to hers that she could smell the leather from his jacket but even in this weather, no body heat was shared. Her cheeks and her ears felt the cold air blowing around them.

Dawn glanced up at him and saw his jaw was clenched and his eyes were dead ahead. At least he was cold too. She didn't know how far they were going to go, but hopefully not far in this weather. She tucked her hands under arms.

"Where are we going?" Dawn asked aloud croaking a little. She cleared her throat and asked again.

She noticed that Sirius was glancing briefly at other people on the street and flicking to the next one. It was early enough in the day that residents who had jobs to go to were walking the streets and heading to wherever their employment was. Weed wasn't allowed any cars to travel around in because there were restrictions on the town. However, the train station was central to the town and close to the hotel. And some residents still drove motorcycles. Those that could afford it.

"To get some breakfast Ms Daniels" Sirius stated in a dead pan voice as he looked down at her, as if it was the most obvious answer. "It's the most important meal of the day"

Ms Daniels?

Dawn looked down at her name badge and thought to herself that she really needed to take her last name off of it. Then looked back to Sirius, finding it hard to keep her attention away.

The name Sirius suited him. Dawn almost giggled at the resolute look on his face. His lips were set in a straight line and she'd guess his teeth were grinding together by the spasm in his jaw. Dawn looked down the street they were walking down and recognised the coffee shop she had come from this morning. Dawn swallowed heavily.

"Why are WE going to get breakfast?" Dawn asked.

He didn't respond, but instead dragged her inside, to a slightly warmer climate than outside. There were three other people inside the coffee shop when they entered. One being Jack the barista still sweating away at making coffees, and other two being patrons that didn't look to be enjoying their beverages at all.

Sirius hesitated before heading towards the back part of the cafe, isolated away from the other people. He guided Dawn's arm in front of him to sit down and she was compliant, happy to be away from other Weed residents, and away from the cold weather outside. Then he followed suit and sat down in the chair opposite her

This establishment wasn't the type where wait staff came and asked you what you wanted to order. There was just Jack. And yet Sirius sat there without saying a word while looking around the room, assessing things.

Dawn involuntarily rubbed the spot where Sirius's hand been. It was warm while the rest of her was cold. She started rubbing her bare arms to bring some warmth to the rest of her. She'd been handled like that before, but this time it felt different; safe. And Dawn tended to gravitate towards things that made her feel safe. She sighed loudly.

Sirius flicked his gaze to the small woman in front of him. The noise distracting his assessment of the room. He took in her expression and then his eyebrows lowered in to a slight frown. e then leaned forward to pull his leather jacket off his shoulders and walk around the table to place it on Dawn's shoulders. She stiffened slightly with the gesture. Sirius's hands slid down the arms of the jacket, stroking the leather. To make her warm or to just feel her, neither of them knew.

"So what are we doing here Sirius?" Dawn asked as Sirius sat down. She had never been out to breakfast with anyone and was nervous as to why he had quite literally dragged her out of the hotel.

Sirius watched Dawn for a moment more before asking "How much do you know about Black Kora Ms Daniels?"

Dawn's breath got caught in her lungs. Black Kora was... Black Kora just was. Because she worked at a secluded hotel in the middle of Weed, it had been frequented by members or Black Korazon and it had been the most unsafe she had ever felt at Weed. She had never gotten in the way, but she had seen what they did to someone who did.

Was Sirius part of that club? Did he know them? Were they coming to the hotel? Where they after him?

"Not much" she squeaked out, entranced with her fidgeting fingers on the table.

"Tell me" Sirius demanded.

And Dawn felt obligated to follow the order. "It's a club in Milton's Point"

Dawn felt cold all over. Her bones were cold. She kept rubbing her hands until they started to become red. At the top of her vision she saw Sirius move forward, his body blocking out anything behind him.

"Keep going"

Dawn hooked her ankles together and stopped moving her hands. "A club that selects people for Dominant and Submissive roles. They run a majority of the city, and the mobs in Weed"

She left out the part where that if you don't submit to the role they give you, they submit you to a grave. Black Korazon was the worst type of employment agency; giving you a job and then massacring you if you failed to comply or succeed.

Sirius laid his hands over hers, snatching her internal thoughts and back to the his face. His serious face had turned a little softer but is frown had deepened. His gloves were warm, bringing her safeness back to him. His eyes focused on their hands.

"Are you in trouble Sirius? Did you get chosen? Are they coming to the hotel?" Dawn asked concerned for his safety. She knew she couldn't get involved, but she couldn't imagine this tall, dark and brooding man being in any kind of trouble.

Those brown globes came up to meet hers and she didn't see any concern or fear. Dawn slowly pulled her hands back to her lap and furrowed her brows. Her stomach dropped in to her toes while her resolve dropped to the pit of the underworld and her fate dropped in to the hands of the man in front of her.

"Dawn, you've been chosen"

Vote and Comment!

Thank you so much for reading guys! Hope you enjoyed ~ KaTe xx