Home

An: So this is kinda cheesy... oh well! I'm tired! Got stabbed in the foot by a (small) piece of metal! Homework! Life in general! So yeah... this is almost like a part 2 to Coming Home, so yeah. Have fun!!!
////////

Home.

What does that word mean?

Home: the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household.

Huh. I guess that's what it means.

But what really is a home?

That was what Peter Parker, Spiderman, thought as the teenage tree, wizard, king, ex-assassin and many more looked out the windows of the space ship they were flying in.

Where would Peter go? Where was is home?

Whether he liked it or not, (he did), he had been through battle with the Avengers. Tony even dubbed him one, in the middle of battle.

Would he try to go back to his normal life? Puny Parker, Flash, and decathlon?

Would that ever be his true home again?

Or would hanging out in the A-Tower, talking science with Tony and Bruce, training with Captain freaking America and playing Mario-Kart with Clint bee his new home?

Peter has been thinking about this dilemma the entire year he (and the rest) we're trapped in the endless orange and water of the Soul Stone. Stories were exchanged, until Peter had a rough idea of what happened.

Thanos went toe to toe with Captain America, before he killed Vison and got the last stone.

He snapped.

And then people started turning to ash.

Peter included.

Somehow, no one knows quite how, the Ashed has found a way out. Whether it was the people working from the outside in or the people working from the inside out, no one knows.

Except that they were going home.

So Peter was nervous. Who knew what had been happening on Earth? Would May, Ned, Michelle and Tony have survived? Would Thanos be ruling the world?

Peter glances out the window again. Which home? Which home?

The familiar city of New York, looking as fine as ever, slowly grew in the distance.

Peter grinned, happy to see his city.

"Am I allowed to hang off the side? So they know we aren't a threat?" Peter asked Bucky. He shrugged.

"Sure kid. Just don't die. Again."

Peter nodded before heading to the door of the spaceship. He eased it open before jumping out, sticking to the bottom of the ship with two hands. He grinned.

Eventually, Times Square came into view. A huge crowd of people were gathered around a small stage. As the ship flew closer, Peter could hear the words.

"I had the pleasure of meeting the young boy behind the mask. Peter Parker. A nerd, science geek, victim of bullying. He was orphaned at the age of 6, then lost his Uncle at the age of 14. He never used his powers for anything but helping people, and tried to save everyone, no matter the cost. He was amazing, and that was what made Spiderman amazing as well." A voice, sounding like Tony Stark, announces. Peter blushes.

"Spiderman, Peter, he has this innocent wonder about him. He was weighted with PTSD and nightmares, bullied by his peers, saving the city. Yet when he saw Bucky's metal arm, the one that can bend steel without a problem, he thought it was the coolest thing ever. He could make even the darkest person crack a grin." A person that sounds like Steve adds. The Avengers are talking about him?!

"He was amazing."

"Kind."

"Smart."

"Brave."

"Helpful."

"Modest, I have to add. The praise is making me blush." Peter called out as soon as the ship was close enough to make out individual faces.

Tony was shocked, amazed, relived, happy and crying all at once.

The majority of the Avengers were shocked and happy.

Peter grinned before jumping off the ship, flipping a few times (because he's Spiderman, he can, and there may or not be an audience watching [or reading....]) and lands perfectly next to Tony. He grins.

"Oh, Peter- you guys are home, you finally did it, you came home." Tony hugs the young boy, Peter's red-and-blue suit covered in tears.

"Yes. Yes. Yes, I am home." Peter cried, so happy, as Michelle and Ned and May ran out of the crowd to embrace him.

And as the reunited Avengers, Clint's family, Fury and Maria Hill, Ned, Michelle and Michelle all hugged, Peter knew he really was home.

Because home wasn't just a place where you lived.

It was who you loved that really made a home.