Prologue

Naitsabes. The most proper and formal school in the whole United Kingdom. Named after the great Charles Sebastian. The school only rich and important kids go to. How many friends you have depends on how rich you are. What classes you take depends on how rich you are. Where you sit depends on how rich you are. What you eat depends on how rich you are. Even your grades depends on how rich you are.

Not many people have real friends. They talk to to that kid to get close to their grandparents company for daddy, or to get information on mommy's rival.

And there are the scholarship students. Mysterious peasant kids that always disappear and turn up with a pill bottle in their hand or at the bottom of a building. In fact, I'm the last one. The first to survive a year at this school and not kill my self over break.

That filled all the rich kids with determination. Determination to get rid of me. Zackery Wickery. The last scholarship student. The last peasant boy. He has to go. Stick him in his hair. Write him mean notes. Spread rumors. And most of all, beat him up. We can't kill him, but we can make him kill himself. The teachers won't do anything. They hate him too. They want him gone. All because he's a peasant boy.

I wasn't going to grant their wishes. Not yet. As the year progressed it died down, though everyone would pick on me at every turn.

Heather clorom, who I used to have a crush on. She walked like a shoe model, which I thought was cool at the time. Now it's just dumb. She and her friend Jasmine kragger were the most popular girls in school. Jasmine was nice back then. She gave me a grape when we were little. She was my kindergarten girlfriend. Now she was unrecognizable. She was cruel. Awful.

Just like Matthew Clumbersnitch. His dad's a famous actor in America. Matt Clumbersnitch. The kid that beat me up whenever he could, along with his lackey, Dick Flipdunk. The kids with the best names and biggest fists and biggest brains. Dick was also a gossip, and always got info for Matt. Everyone knew he was gay for Clumbersnitch, except Matt himself. Dick.

So basically my life was a living hell. Welcome. Never thought it would change. And of course, it did. It was changed by a girl, a famous girl, from America. A girl who taught me to come to terms with the past, live in the present, and look forward to the future. A girl who I hated
and loved with all my heart. A girl who gave me hope. And by coincidence, that was her name.

I listened to heathers while writing this. Made it all the way to seventeen T-T