05

"Wow, I never knew that you listened to our music Ace. That's amazing."

The two had finished unpacking and arranging the room and they sat on the bed, talking and getting to know each other even more.

"Yeah, I've listened to you guys ever since I was seventeen, you know, my angsty teen years. I didn't really know who I wanted to be back then, but your music got me through tough times."

"I don't think you were that edgy as a teen. I've seen you acting on that one show Noodle used to watch as a kid, and you were pretty cool." Ace laid down on his bed playing with his switchblade again. Half of the time he was never aware that he was tossing it around, it's like his mind was never aware he was taking the blade out of his pocket. 

"Yeah, thanks but I don't like to think about my teen years that much." Ace chuckled. 2D watched as Ace flipped his blade around. He really wanted to learn how to do that. A soft knock at the door startled both of them, causing Ace to jump up from his bed.

"Come in!" He shouted. Noodle peeked into the room and walked in.

"I see you two are getting along, that's really nice to see. Anyways, I came here to tell you that Russ and I decided to go out for lunch and he asked me if you two want to come with," She proposed.

2D looked at Ace. "Which restaurant is it? I don't want anything too fancy," He said.

"It's just Olive Garden. Not too fancy for you I hope." She giggled.

"Okay, I'll be down in a few minutes," 2D affirmed.

"What about you Ace?" Noodle asked.

"Yeah, I'm always up for anything. I'll just change out of this shirt and be right down. Thanks, Noodle," With that, she left the room and closed the door behind her, leaving 2D and Ace alone once more. Ace shuffled to his closet and pulled out a yellow button-up shirt. 2D just stared at him, not noticing what he was about to do. Ace took off his current shirt and 2D's eyes widened, whilst his whole face turned beet red. He got up and headed towards the door.

"You leaving?" Ace was oblivious to the current situation, and he didn't even notice 2D's face.

"Y-yeah, I've got to go... C-change too! That's right! I have to change. Yeah." 2D blurted out he didn't want Ace to know that he was staring at him. The last thing he wanted was to ruin their friendship. Again.

"Okay? I'll see you downstairs."

"Yeah, okay." 2D walked out of the room, closed the door behind him and darted downstairs. Why did he act that way? Ace was just a friend someone he barely knew for a whole entire day. Besides Ace would never like him. He probably liked outgoing and humorous people. He stopped in the middle of his tracks. Did he like Ace? He only knew him for four hours. No way. It's not possible. Maybe he just wanted to be close friends with him but he could never like Ace, he was just way too cool. 

"Hey, mind moving out of the way 2D?" He felt a hand gently place himself on his shoulder. He looked behind him and it was Ace. But he had on a pair of pointy sunglasses and one of those varsity jackets. 

"Oh sorry about that. I was just lost in thought,"

"It's okay dude. Hey, I thought you were going to change right?" Ace asked 2D.

"Oh yeah, I didn't really find anything." 2D laughed so Ace wouldn't find it suspicious.

"Oh okay. I just checked and it's pretty cold outside that's all. I like the pink shirt though. It suits you."

2D felt his cheeks boiling up. Pathetic. "O-oh thank you! I l-like your sunglasses, they're pretty cool too!" He thanked Ace and moved out of the way so he could get down from the stairs.

"Why thank you! I've had them for quite a while now," Ace saw that 2D was burning red. But he just brushed it off and assumed it was because he wasn't used to getting compliments from people other than Russel and Noodle.

"Well, I think that they still look really nice! I'm sure the fans will love your whole look! P-probably going to capture a few hearts," 2D tried to acts real smooth, but he stuttered and his voice was shaky. 2D's back was up against the wall.

"Oh yeah? You think so?" Ace got closer to 2D putting one arm against the wall, almost trapping 2D. He noticed that the singer's face was steaming up as sweat trickled down his forehead.

"Y-yeah, I know s-so!" Ace backed up from him and headed for the front door. He turned back and looked at 2D who was still up against the wall and frozen. Maybe he went too fast. Ace walked back to him and once again, placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey 2D, you coming?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, I was just... Yeah, I'm coming." Stuart ruffled his hair