Kyran x Felan

Dedicated to/requested by; @Fairlady1996, @myllol

"No," Kyran frowned at his small mate, who stuck out his lip in return.

"Why not? It'll be fun!" Felan put his arms around Kyran's neck, sitting on his lap. He was determined to get what he wanted, and wouldn't give this up.

Kyran sighed. "Why do I have to celebrate a holiday that makes me look like a monster?" He put his arms around Felan's waist, still wanting to hold the small male close despite their predicament.

"You are a monster."

"... But they don't have to exaggerate like they do."

"Come on... It's supposed to be fun!"

"Yes, the one day of the year where people stay up much too late, dress in uncomfortable and ridiculous outfits, and stuff themselves with mouth rotting goodies is supposed to be fun."

Felan pouted, but couldn't get out of Kyran's grip no matter how hard he squirmed. Kyran smiled slightly, leaning up to plant a kiss on his mate mark. Felan flinched, moving his hands up to thread them through Kyran's hair. Kyran trailed a line of kisses up Felan's neck and jawline before planting one on his lips. Looking him straight in the eye, Kyran whispered, "I'm still not going."

Huffing, Felan finally managed to untangle himself from Kyran and sat in the chair across from him, crossing his arms. He just wanted to spend some time out of the house with Kyran in public. He knew how much Kyran hated sunlight, so a Halloween party seemed like the perfect solution for both problems. But no. Kyran still refused to leave the confines of home, being stubbornly antisocial. 

Kyran sighed, sitting back and running a hand through his hair. "Can't we just stay here?" He didn't understand Felan's obsession with the humans. Wherever the humans were, trouble wasn't far behind. Kyran had had more bad encounters than he cared to admit, and was not ready to go back out there. 

Felan just sighed. "I thought it would be fun."

Kyran watched his mate slink upstairs, hating himself for making him sad. So, sitting forward, he thought for a moment, then smiled.

---

When Halloween rolled around, the last thing Felan wanted to do was leave his bed. What was the point? it's not like he was going anywhere. He hadn't managed to persuade Kyran, after all, and going without him was pointless. He stayed in bed for most of the day, Kyran coming in and out every once in a while, to give him a kiss or get some blood. He got slightly curious when he heard a loud clatter downstairs sometime around lunch, but Kyran was immediately upstairs, assuring him it was nothing. "I dropped a plate," Kyran said.

"Are you hurt?" Felan sat up, but Kyran shook his head.

"No, don't worry. Everything's perfect." Kyran smiled, kissing Felan's face before leaving the room, Felan utterly and completely confused. 

When the sun began to set, Felan finally decided it was time to get up and do something, after spending the whole day in bed. Just as he reached for the doorknob, the door swung open, Kyran standing in front of him. Felan blinked. "What... What are you wearing?"

Kyran pulled the cape he'd pulled around himself away, revealing a suit underneath, with a blood red tie. He held out his hand, "Come with me."

Kyran led Felan downstairs to the living room, where Felan froze, staring in awe at what Kyran had done. He'd redecorated the entire room with Halloween decorations. Cobwebs, pumpkins, fake bats and spiders, and even a skeleton in the corner. Felan turned around the room before his eyes landed back on Kyran, and he threw his arms around him in a hug. "Thank you," he said, inhaling his mate's intoxicating scent.

"No... I should be the one apologizing, really." Kyran pulled Felan away, leaning his forehead against Felan's. "I realize I was being a bit of a... killjoy when you were bugging me before. And, so, I decided to make up for it. Of course, I did have help..."

"Help?"

"That would be us." Felan turned around, tilting his head at Kyran's twin brother, Quentin, and his mate, Markus. He was quiet for the barest of moments before he starting laughing. Quentin blushed. "Shut up! We... Had a bet, okay?!"

Markus tilted his head. "I said we should choose costumes for each other and then switch. It wasn't really that much of a bet, truly, but I do feel that Quentin has lost this one."

Quentin just grumbled, Walking off to the kitchen. Felan watched him go before frowning. "I... I don't have a costume."

Kyran placed a hand on his shoulder. "Just be yourself. You're cuter that way. Besides, you don't want to end up like Quentin, do you?"

Felan giggled, leaning into Kyran's side. "No, I don't... Kyran?"

"Hmm?"

"Um... Thank you." He leaned up, pecking Kyran's cheek. "Happy Halloween."

Kyran chuckled at his mate's adorableness. "Happy Halloween."