one

Zach:

"Are you excited to be going home?" Daniel asked as we sat in our room packing our stuff.

"Of course, I am. I get to see my family, my friends, and the best part, you guys will be staying with me!" I smiled.

"What about that one girl you're always talking about?"

"Roni?" He nodded. "I'm super excited to see her..."

I smiled. "Don't you think it's gonna be a little awkward when you see her?"

"No, why?"

"Well, every other time you went home, she was gone on a family vacation or a school trip. And the last time you saw her was like a year ago. Aren't you a little scared she changed?"

"Roni? Please... Roni is the best person I've ever met. Besides, she's already amazing, why would she change?"

"I know, but what if she has a phone now? Or social media?" He teased. I wacked him in the face with a pillow.

"Don't be annoying, Seavey."

"I'm just saying, people, change."

"Yeah, but not Roni..."

"Whatever you say, Zach." I rolled my eyes. "I mean, you changed a lot. Social wise, at least. Not exactly personality wise... You're still stupid."

"Hey!" Daniel laughed.

"I'm just kidding, Zach."

I sat there with an uneasy feeling in my stomach. What if she is different and what if she hates me? What if she's forgotten all of our memories and all of the time we spent together?

I sighed.

I continued to pack things while Daniel listened to music. I thought back to the first time I even met Roni. God, I'm so glad we met.

*flashback*

"Dude," Michael said with a smirk. "I heard there's a new girl. 5 bucks she's hot."

"Don't do that, bro. It's stupid..." I rolled my eyes and went back to copying down the starter on the board.

"C'mon, Zach." He rolled his eyes and I just chuckled.

"Look, betting on girls isn't something guys should do. It only makes us look 10 times worse."

"Okay, so we don't bet on it. But I'm just saying, every time there's a new girl, she's hot." I once again rolled my eyes.

"And what if she's not?" I asked. He sat there with pursed lips and thought about it.

"Then she's not and I can move on with my life."

"You shouldn't judge someone by what they look like. Like she could be an awfully terrible person and still be hot. Do you really wanna be in love with someone who's hot but treats you terribly?"

"That's only in the movies, Zach. In real life, all the pretty girls are nice."

"What about Fiona?"

"Okay, but Fiona's a witch."

"Yeah, but she's hot. I thought you said hot girls are the nice ones."

"You have a point, but Fiona's like the only girl who's actually rude..."

"Whatever you say, man." I stared down at his empty paper. "Now, do the starter."

I sighed and tried to solve the Chemistry Problems on the board. See, I'm not the smartest. And I know that. You don't have to tell me twice, in fact, you don't have to tell me at all. I already know. But I am great social wise and making decisions.