His hand was filled with pink frosting because he accidentally squeezed it. We both looked at it and laughed.

"How about you go get dressed? I'll take on your work." Hyunjoo told Minji.

"Thanks!" Minji said gratefully, leaving her work.

Once the party started and Minji's friends from college came, I grabbed a bottle of beer and a plastic cup, making my way to the balcony. I closed my eyes and replayed what's been on my mind since that nightㅡmy first kiss with Changgu.

I let out a sigh as I drank. The cold beer was freezing my hand. I went back inside and found people dancing in the living room. I noticed Hyunjoo wasn't dancing so I sat beside her. "Hi," I greeted.

She smiled at me. "Hi."

"Not much of a party animal, huh?"

She shook her head. "No, not like that guy there." She said pointing at Hongseok who was dancing funny. I laughed but it quickly faded away when I saw behind Hongseokㅡthere's Changgu and a girl dancing with him. Way too close.

I averted my gaze immediately.

And then I looked again.

"Hey, you okay?" Hyunjoo asked worriedly. She must have seen what I was looking at.

I nodded, forcing a smile. "Food. Wanna go get food?"

"Let's go." She said, leading me away from the wild crowd.

I hovered my hand over the snacks and paused on the cupcakes Changgu worked on. And skipped them.

The image of him dancing with another girl came back in my head.

"Jiyoo!" Hyunjoo called.

"Yes?"

"I asked what's the deal with you and Changgu? I thought you guys are... doing well?"

"Nothing," I said shaking my head. "Just friends."

"Huh," she said leaning against the wall. "I've been there."

"Really?"

She laughed. "Hm, I don't think you guys are 'just friends'."

I looked at where he was dancing with the girl and our eyes suddenly met. "Yeah, but we're not going to the 'more than friends' level either." I said, turning my back on him.

Hyunjoo looked me in the eye. "Who among you two is being stubborn?"

I choked on my chips. "What?"

"Think about it." She said before patting my shoulder. "I'll go get Hongseok. He's getting too wild."

I laughed. "Okay."

"Good luck, Jiyoo."

I shook my head and returned to the snacks, casually moving my head to the musicㅡbut honestly, I just want to listen to ballad songs and lay in my bed.

"Jiyoo," I turned to see Changgu behind me.

"Oh, hey." I greeted.