"It was a pleasure working with you."

"I want this played all over the world." Yanan said. Actually, we're gathered because Yanan is going back to China tomorrow. Hyunjoo was the one who invited me over. I brought Seunghyub and Mijin with me.

"You've worked hard, Son Jiyoo!" Seunghyub said, eyes shining as he looked at me proudly.

I grinned at him. "Are you crying?"

He quickly brought the back of his hand towards his eyes. "Of course, not!" He denied.

Everyone laughed and we continued eating through all the compliments that made me flustered. I almost choked when I caught Changgu staring at me intently across the table. I've been really doing my best to avoid him ever since that day.

Now, December is approaching.

Every single night, he still sent dinner to my door. We saw each other at the hearing of my father and he was sentenced to ten years in prison.

I focused on my midterms and now, they're almost over. The layers of clothes I wear have multiplied as the weather got colder. Sometimes, when I'm missing Yeo Changgu, I go to the places where I hoped I'd see him and I was happy enough to catch a glimpse of him.

But tonight, I don't think I could escape him.

"Guys! It's my birthday soon. I'm throwing a party at my place. I hope you guys can come! And anyone who's not busy can help me prepare." Mijin said friendly.

"Where do you live? I'm coming." Seunghee said.

Mijin told us more about herself. I excused myself to go to the washroom since I felt like my bladder would explode.

After I was done, I opened the door to come out but Changgu was there. I let out a gasped, jumping back a little in surprise. "Yah! You scared me!" I almost yelled.

His eyes widened. "Sorry!" He said but there was a ghost of a playful smirk on his lips.

I blinked, clearing my throat. "It's okay..."

"Jiyoo, can we talk?" He asked.

"Okay." I said with a nod.

The two of us headed outside.

"First, I'm really proud of you." He told me.

"Thank you!" I said, smiling. Okay, I'll act the way how it was back then.

"Second, are you avoiding me?" He asked, turning to me.

"I was just busy. Well, midterms will be over soon."

His shoulders dropped. "You're avoiding me."

"Changgu..." I said with a sigh.

"Why? Is it because you confessedㅡ"

"Changgu!"

"What?"

"Stop." I said turning away, my cheeks heating up.