Chapter 6

Annabeth woke with a start.

The sun was just beginning to rise, and she felt herself shake.

'Why me?' She thought. It repeated in her head the for awhile.

She couldn't think as the day went on.

She couldn't train. She couldn't eat. Annabeth was stuck. For the first time in her life, and she didn't know what to do.

Annabeth knew she couldn't go to anyone, mostly because they would tell her that she had to fight, so she had to decide something else.

"Why was I chosen? How could they?! They didn't even care! Not even my own mother!" Annabeth was, luckily, alone in the arena while she had her outbursts.

While Annabeth tried to wrap her head around what she should do.....

Elsewhere, a certain pair of dense demigods were on a ship training with the others against the Gods.

*Percy's POV*

I watched as Luke taught some of the other demigods how to use a sword.

I would never admit it out loud to Luke's face, but I have always liked the way Luke sounded when he was teaching.

He always had this patience in his voice, but was always stern when it came to getting it right. Luke never pushed the demigods to do anything they weren't able to do or used to doing.

Unknowingly, Selena snuck up on me while I was I daydreaming.

I didn't notice her until after she poked my shoulder. I jerk away from her, almost falling out of my seat. I settle myself quickly, and flush as she laughs at me.

"I never thought I would see you of all people come over to the dark side," Selena told me.

I scoff. "Yeah, well. Things change, Sel. I actually noticed that the Gods don't care for us demigods that much. They send us on suicide missions instead of fixing their mistakes themselves. I don't wanna die on a on some stupid quest, and I sure as Hades don't want to die because of some stupid prophecy," I respond, eye drifting back to Luke.

"So, you like him, don't you?" I tear my eyes away from Luke, blushing, and look over at Selena.

She smirks a little at my reaction.

"No, I don't," I deny, practically pouting.

"Yes, you do. You can't lie to a daughter of Aphrodite," she responds.

I blush again and huff, crossing my arms. My eyes drift back to Luke, watching as his face lights up when someone gets a sword stroke correct.

My heart practically melts, and I'm pretty sure it showed on my face by the way Selena was nudging me with her shoulder.

"Okay. Maybe I do like him. But, that doesn't mean he likes me back," I finally admit, feeling extremely embarrassed.

"No, you don't like him. Percy, you're in love with him." I freeze at her words.

"No, I don't, Selena. It's just a crush. It'll go away soon," I tell myself more than Selena.

"Whatever you say, Perce. But, don't forget, a daughter of Aphrodite is barely ever wrong about love," Sel replies, getting up and walking away.

"KEY WORD THERE IS 'BARELY', SELENA!" I shout after her.

I sigh through my nose, leaning back on the chair my butt is currently occupying.

"What was that about?" I jump for the second time today.

"Why do people like sneaking up on me? First, Selena, and now you," I hiss, trying to calm my racing heart as Luke laughs.

I felt my racing heart skip a beat as I looked away from his face. His blue eyes crinkling at the corners, his mouth open wide enough to see his teeth, and a grin spread wide.

Gods, am I in love with him?

"Hey, Perce. You wanna go train now?" Luke asks me, giving me his hand.

"Sure, why not? I mean, you might have gotten sloppy," I tease, grabbing his hand.

"Moi?! What about you? I haven't been there to teach you," he says, hoisting me up.

I accidentally make eye contact with him, and absently felt the world melt away. I felt sparks fly through our hands, as cliche as it was, and thought we were the only two people alive.

Luke stared back into my eyes, and we stayed there like we were the only two people in the world.

Luke suddenly broke our staring contest, coughing awkwardly. I look away, pretty sure my face in as red as the strawberries back at Camp.

I look down at our still clasped hands, waiting for him to let go.

Surprisingly, he doesn't. Instead, he just rugs me alone, mumbling something about needing to fix my sloppy fighting.

"Um...Excuse you! I'm not the one who doesn't have enough time to train himself," I squawk, faking offense.

Luke just sends me that famous smirk of his, and drags me away.

*********************************************
A/N: WELP! WERE OFFICIALLY IN BUSINESS!! I hope I do well, and thanks for reading! Goodbye, demigods!