Ruth

//CHAPTER FIVE//

>>>

Never in ten million years would I ever think that Luke Hemmings would ask me on a date. I was living the dreams of "Margaret" It was as if Life was holding me back to prove a useless point.

I put my hair in a ponytail, gently pulling out tiny strands of hair from the back until I was satisfied. I settled for a black t-shirt and jeans. It seems as if black was the only color I wore anymore. I cuffed my sleeves and slipped on my everyday Converse.

Outside, the air was no longer just warm, a cool breeze kicked in every once in a while. So I decided to walk. It's not like I had a choice, unless I got someone like Nat to drive me. But, she would ask why and I wouldn't want to tell her that I'm going on a date with the biggest douche bag on campus. I guess she would understand, she always understood just like when Ashton used to.

"Why can't I be pretty?" I asked Ashton. We sat underneath our usual spot, the willow tree.

"What makes you think you aren't beautiful?" He asked as he cut a sandwich in two perfect triangles. He handed me one. I took it without question. He always made the best Turkey sandwich.

"No one has even hinted about Prom towards me. I've always dreamed of going but you know, not by myself. I thought this guy was going to ask me. I should've known," I almost whispered. "He asked the girl behind me."

"Marg." Ashton pushed his eyebrows together "I'm sorry." He ran his thumb over my wrist. You see, we were both survivors in the making. Baby steps, together. It's been 11 months since I had last done it and even though it was almost a year, things triggered me. He would run his thumb over my scars and occasionally kiss them when I needed it.

"No, it's not your fault silly." I said as I messed up his already shaggy hair.

"You are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world," He said "And I'm glad that guy didn't ask you. I am so fucking glad he didn't ask you."

I frowned.

"Because, I wouldn't be able to ask you."

"But what about Harry?" I asked. I couldn't hide the smile that creeped onto my face. Someone actually asked me.

"My parents can't know." His eyes rested on the ground. "Besides" He looked up at me "I don't think a beautiful girl like you should go alone."

I opened the door to the parlor. It was decorated in bright pastels that made the place absolutely irresistible to little kids. I looked around the parlor.

No sign of Luke, if I didn't look in the back I would of thought that bastard stood me up. But, there he was, in a booth and reading a menu. I walked to the booth and 'plopped' down into the seat in front of him.

"Hey," I said as I check my watch, 5:10 "Sorry I'm late. I decided to walk."

"No, it's fine." He said as he looked up from the menu. He smiled. "Well, don't you look lovely?"

I rolled my eyes, as much as I would like to admit, I couldn't. But he did look quite dapper in just his regular flannel and tattered black skinny jeans.

"Can I get you my favorite ice cream?" He asked.

"Why? Do I have to pay you back with another date?"

I could feel him tense up.

"Sure." I said before giving an apologetic smile.

"Okay, I'll be back" He said as he got up and went to order the ice cream. I gathered my surroundings while I tapped my black finger nails against the hard wood of the table. He walked towards the table while holding two cups of ice cream.

"Smore's?" He smirked and gave me a cup. That was my favorite.

"This is my favorite too," I said maybe, sounding a bit confused. I never thought people like us, two people in two different worlds, would have a few mutual likings.

He smiled and I dipped my spoon into the marsh mellow, chocolate and graham cracker infested ice cream.

-

Yay they're on their date, and now we alsooo know about Ashton and Margaret and how Ashton is gay. EHHEHEHAHH I'M ACTUALLY SQUEALING. OKAY THANKS FOR READING GUYS PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY. Thank you and you're BEAUUUTIFUL ALSO, BEFORE I GO IS SIGNALING THE END OF A FLASHBACK.(( maybe you already guessed that and i'm just pointing out the obvious lol probably))

Shameless twitter promo: @locksofharry

Arianna