Chapter Four: Angel

"True love is eternal, infinite, and always like itself. It is equal and pure, without violent demonstrations: it is seen with white hairs and is always young in the heart."  

--- Honore de Balzac

Chapter Four

Angel's POV

Tyler checked my car that afternoon. He couldn't find any trouble, but it still wouldn't start. "We'll get someone to have a look at it tomorrow," he said.

Oh no. I can't stay another night with him.

"Can you drive me to the nearest town?" I asked. "At least I'll be able to use my phone. I can call a mechanic from there to fix my car." I held my phone in the air, attempting to get a signal.

"That's two hours away from here." He got out of my car and closed the driver's door. "I'm not driving you anywhere. In case you haven't noticed, I'm on vacation right now, and you've ruined it already."

"Excuse me?" I snapped at him.

"Either you walk to town right now, or you wait for me to get you a mechanic tomorrow. Your choice," he said, walking toward the cabin.

I stopped myself from wailing aloud. I didn't have a choice. I was at his mercy, so I followed him toward the cabin. The thought of spending another night with him, alone in the secluded cabin, made my heart pound and my pulse race.

"Where do you work?" he asked as we walked back.

I was surprised that he asked me that. "In Riverview. I teach pre-school children."

He stopped walking and turned to me. "Stop lying."

I tried to suppress a giggle. "There's no point in asking me anymore. You know that I teach at a senior high school, don't you?"

He didn't answer and resumed walking.

"You're stalking me," I murmured behind his back.

"Don't flatter yourself," he said.

"Ouch," I muttered. I heard his quiet laughter in response.

After we had tea in the afternoon, I sat on the couch and read a book. But my mind was focused on Tyler, who was seated at the kitchen table as he worked on a structural plan. He was too engrossed in what he was doing to take any notice of me, but I couldn't stop thinking about him.

Tyler was a very handsome man. He looked powerful with his broad, muscular chest. I loved his silky jet-black hair. His clean-shaven face had an inherent strength, but it was his compelling blue eyes that captivated me the most.

Tyler looked up at me, catching me staring. "You okay?"

"Um... of course."

He shook his head and smiled. "You're an amazing woman."

I narrowed my eyes at him. Did I detect sarcasm in his voice? "Why?"

"You have many talents." He nodded his head toward my lap. "You can read a book upside down."

His rich laugh made my cheeks warm. Darn! I was so embarrassed. Blood began to pound in my temples. I stood up and went to the bedroom.

I checked the time on the clock hanging on the wall. It was five in the afternoon. I decided to continue reading the book in bed, away from Tyler, so I lit the old lamp on top of the bedside table.

 I decided to continue reading the book in bed, away from Tyler, so I lit the old lamp on top of the bedside table

Something strange happened, as if a dream-like mist washed over me. Tyler entered the bedroom.

"Angel," he whispered. He walked to me slowly, before his mouth came down and captured mine. My calm shattered from the hunger of his kisses. His mouth, cruel as it ravished me, set me aflame, turning me weak. I responded with equal fervor. I couldn't stop myself. I felt him stiffen as I ran my hands down the hard lines of his back. A tormented groan escaped from his lips, inviting me to explore his body.

His lips ran along the pulse of my throat, kissing my neck. "Tyler," I moaned with pleasure. "Are we doing the right thing?"

Tyler moved a fraction away from me. We looked into each other's eyes, and then we rested our foreheads against each other. Our breaths mingled, our skin burning with fever.

"I don't know," he said hoarsely. "If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up. My heart is screaming your name."

"Tyler, I feel the same way. Please don't let this be a dream."

I gasped as he lowered his body over mine. Parting my lips, I raised my head to meet his kiss. His hands began to explore my soft flesh, arousing me, sending delicious shivers through my body. Slowly, we undressed each other, and we made passionate love until we were sated.

 Slowly, we undressed each other, and we made passionate love until we were sated

****

Whoa! What do you think happened in there? 

It seems like Tyler and Angel can't take their hands off each other... or something fishy going on?