Epilogue

So, here we are. I always cry at epilogues! *sniffs* This story has been really special to me. I hope you all enjoyed it. If you didn't I hope you all.. comment and give me constructive criticism. Or something. Emonass out, glitches.

"Akito" said Shigure. He was 12 years old and a whole head taller then me but I didn't care. He had chosen to talk to me.

"Why don't you hate me?" I asked darkly, looking up at him through the gap in my hair.

Shigure laughed. "Oh, I do. I'm talking to you today because Aya and Hatori are out and I'm lonely"

"Oh" I said.

"Gosh Kito, I'm kidding. Lighten up!" he snorted.

"Right" I said, though I couldn't help a little smile.

"You're so silly Kito" he grinned. "But hey- don't tell anyone I hung out with you today, alright?"

"Uhm, sure" I said.

"Good" he smiled, and somewhere in my 9 year old self, under the boy's clothing and all of the scars that decorated my chest, I felt happier then I'd ever been before.

I opened my eyes slowly, the beautiful memory still vivid in my mind. I looked across the bed, my gaze lingering where Shigure was sleeping peacefully, his bare chest rising and falling slowly as he breathed.

He was still here.

"Hmm" he mumbled in his sleep. "Kito!"

I chuckled and rolled over to face him, drifting slowly back to sleep.

When I awoke for the second time that morning, Shigure was already up. He was sitting on an armchair opposite me, reading the paper.

"Good morning" he smiled, seeing that I was awake. "How did you sleep?"

"Really well actually" I told him, then glanced at the clock and saw that it was half past ten. "I overslept"

Shigure laughed in a sharp bark. "Kisa called by the way. She didn't know what to wear for her date with Hiro"

"What did you tell her?" I asked.

He giggled sheepishly, like a child who'd eaten the last cookie. "I told her to dress sluttily."

"Shigure!" I gasped in horror. "Did she take it seriously?"

"Yup!" Shigure said. "Hey, it's not my fault if she has no common sense!"

"You don't know how a woman feels when she's in love!" I protested.

"I do" muttered Shigure, looking down at me.

"Or at least" he said, giving me a quick smirk. "I've felt enough women to take a guess"

I glared at him.

"Eh, sorry" he said hastily, seeing my expression. "I see now that that wasn't a good joke to use on you. Hug?"

"Mkay" I sighed and nestled myself against his chest. "You're forgiven"

He kissed my hair lovingly. "You know Kito, I don't think I'll ever get used to being with you all the time. I have to keep pinching myself incase it's a dream!"

I didn't speak: I didn't need to, just squeezed my arms around his neck tightly. We'd been doing this in silence long enough to be able to communicate non-verbally.

"I thought maybe" Shigure whispered into my ear. "You could wear that today"

I followed his gaze to the wardrobe where he had hung up some clothes. A black shirt, a blouse and a jacket.