Cousin and Soap and Oily Hair Measures Part 14

Start from the beginning

It seems Ryuze noticed me smelling him. He smiled refreshingly, turned to me, and said

"I tried using the soap Britney had made. It is good."

I was pleased that I was praised, and let out a gufugufu laugh.

This cousin of mine is a little scary since I can't tell what he's thinking. However, being praised made me purely happy.

"After trying it, I sent some to a friend in the royal capital."

"Gufui-! Geho geho-!" (TLN: Choking and coughing sounds)

From the words that followed, I unintentionally spit out the soup in my mouth.

That friend Ryuze is talking about, is probably the crown prince. Judging by what I know of their relationship in the royal academy, they seem to be considerably close.

"W, why did you send my handmade soap to such a person-!?"

In contrast to me who become flustered and raised my voice, he responded calmly.

"It removed dirt and grime to a remarkable degree, leaving a pleasant smell behind... by all means I wanted to introduce it. If all goes well, it might become a source of revenue for this region."

"Eh-?"

"Britney, isn't it an amazing invention? I think that it could be used not only in the bathroom, but also in medical settings where hygiene is important. From before, Britney was also concerned about hygiene, were you not?"

"T, that's true... when we went horse riding together, I told you such a story. I believe washing your hands is critical to prevent illnesses."

It was just soap I made as a countermeasure against my stench, but it has become a considerably big deal.

(To be honest, it was amateur work... I did not think about it to that extent.)

To the trembling me, Ryuze continued to talk.

"By the way, is there any remaining inventory of the soap?"

"There are a few remaining, but since I had originally made it just for myself its a small amount. The stock of materials to make them is low too."

"What materials did you use to make it?"

"Seaweed lye from our territory, olive oil from the neighboring territory, and essential oils from roses from the neighboring territory."

lye

lye.jpg

Lye (Sodium Hydroxide, gotten from plant or animal ashes. A strong alkali which is highly soluble in water producing caustic basic solutions.)

olive oil.jpg

jpg