Having finished our mission meeting Andy grabs my hand and leads me out of the office, but before we leave Rash sends his parting message.

"Good luck, guys! Our lives are in your hands and I really don't wanna die!" Andy and I look at each other as we roll our eyes, but then we hear Rash shout in pain knowing he must have gotten hit with another one of Sky's smacks to the head which causes us to burst out laughing.

...

"You're going on your first mission?!" Violet's voice rises in shock and I lean over the table to cover her mouth with my hand. I scan the room and except for a few curious glances, no one looks our way and I sigh in relief.

"Vi, did I mention the whole part about it being a secret?" She looks at me guilty, composing herself and returning to her dinner.

When Andy and I left the office it was dinner time, so I asked him if I could tell my friends about the mission. He agreed, but I was only allowed to tell them that I was going on the mission, that it was a secret and that I couldn't share any details with them.

Which brings me back to my friends staring at me in disbelief in response to my news.

"Yeah Vile! It's a secret." Samuel mocks and as usual Vi responds by smacking him in the arm.

"Oh, shut up Mule!"

"Well, at least she actually said something to the news and isn't just mocking others." After we hear this Samuel, Vi and I turn to Dilan our mouths agape in complete shock.

Samuel is the first one to recover as he shakes is head in disbelief. "Did you just roast me, Di?"

"Yeah I did."

Vi and I turn and stare at each other then back at Dilan, having nothing to say. I can't believe this. Yes Dilan!

"Yes Dil, my man!" As if he heard my thoughts Samuel happily yells this out while slapping Dilan on the back as he's sitting beside him. Somehow Vi and I finally come back into focus as we get up from our seats next to each other and go over to give Dilan high fives.

"That's right Dilanator! Show 'im who's boss!"

"Thanks for putting him in his place for me Dil!"

"Hey!" We're all laughing as we crowd around Dilan and in response to our cheers his ears start to turn red as he smiles lightly.

"What I can roast people too!" At his response we burst out laughing and this time Dilan joins us grinning widely.

"Well if it isn't the band of geeks."

At these words the smiles die on our faces as we turn to see Aspen and Randell standing behind us with smirks playing across their faces. Urgh. I knew it was only a matter of time.

"Getting cocky 'cause we got the top score, are we triblood?" This time Randell starts the taunting showing that he's not a mindless follower after all. I roll my eyes as I step in front of my friends and cross my arms across my chest.

"Wow, you guys held out for a while this time, I'm surprised! It must have killed you!" I sarcastically hold my hand against my heart, pretending to sympathize with them.

Aspen rolls her eyes as she glares at me in response. "Sorry, but your not as important as you think you are." She spits out the words like acid on her tongue and I shake my head mockingly.

"Oh Aspen jealously does not suite you, but then again nothing does so..." I let my words trail off and watch as she simmers with anger causing a smirk to form its way onto my face.