I finally started the car. "Well, seems like she really needs to rest. She lost so much weight. She was pale too. Her career is going well, but her health is going down."

"You must have been so worried."

I nodded, "Yeah, I know Seungyeon. She tends to work so hard on things she loves doing. Sometimes, even working harder than she could take. And her parents don't really support the path she took, soㅡ"

"You were worried she might have been alone."

I gave her a quick glance. She was staring out the window now, watching the rain. "How do you know what I'm thinking?" I asked, smiling a bit.

"I don't know either." She answered.

We were almost in her neighborhood when I asked, "Oh, right. The project. Do you still want to read it together?"

I parked near the stairs that leads up to her place. "No, it's a bit late. I have to study too. I could send it through email, if you want."

I looked at her and bit my lip. Through the whole car ride, she only looked at me once. "I'm really sorry, Jiyoo." I apologized again.

"Thanks for the ride." She opened the door but I held her arm.

"The umbrella. Bring it with you."

"No, you should use it. I'm just gonna run. It's near, anyway." Finally, she looked at me. "Good night, Changgu." She got off and shut the door before running towards the stairs.

I watched her go and disappear. Somehow, the way we parted tonight didn't feel right.

⛄⛄

[[ JIYOO ]]

The next night, Seunghyub and I were drinking soju on the rooftop. Both of us had the hood of our jackets over our heads because it was so cold.

"What is it? Tell me. Why are you sighing?" He asked me.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "It's nothing."

"You can't fool me, Son Jiyoo." He said, "Isn't it going well with Yeo Changgu?"

"Going..." I muttered and drank my shot. "I'm so screwed, Seunghyub-ah." I whined.

"I told you. Just date one of my friends. There's Kwangjinieㅡ"

"Oh, right! You didn't tell me Kwangjin's studying law now." I told him.

"How did you know that?"

I grinned. "We met at the ball. He looks different from how I remember."

Seunghyub nodded. "Yeah, we were so surprised when he told us he's going to become a lawyer." He looked at me and grinned mischievously, "So, that's why he suddenly asked about you when we met yesterday."

"He did?"

"Yeah, just date him."

I laughed. "Do you want me to date one of your friends that much?"