45. Boys' Club

Author's Note:  We start off with Sean's perspective, but by the end we have all the boys fairly transparent...must have something to do with the moonshine!

Song for this Chapter: 3005 by Childish Gambino  Perfect song for a party hosted by Cernunnos. He means it; he'll hold down this scene until 3005! What's a thousand years to hang with friends  to him?

Sean slammed the door of his Jeep and looked appreciatively around Cerridwen's Cove, as he now referred to her little plot of lake property. It was a beautiful place. The lake was fed by the river that flowed down through the middle of Mystic Mountain, and the whole water scene almost made him nostalgic for home.

Almost, not quite. Mystic Mountain couldn't be separated from his mother, and he wasn't sure he was ready to see her, so he put the thoughts of visiting his childhood home away. He had another awkward reunion to deal with tonight.

Tonight would be the first time he had seen Dru since the concert. Since she broke up with him. Since she remembered her past life and decided she might as well become Cernunnos's Queen, since she'd already had his kid two thousand years ago.

Personally, he thought her logic was bullshit. It was like some kind of cosmic path of least resistance she was putting herself on. But he was done fighting for them, since she wouldn't.

He wasn't thrilled about seeing her, about going to this party, but Carrie was determined to go and support Cernunnos. He'd be damned if he'd let her go alone and have to watch The Braided Bastard and Dru together without backup. Besides, with his eyesight returned and Spring Break over, he had to go back to class next week anyway. He might as well see Dru tonight and rip the band-aid off.

Carrie threw open the door and walked out onto the porch, crossing her arms and smirking as she looked him up and down.

"Lookin' good, Cutie," she cooed, gesturing to his tight grey jeans and fitted black T-shirt.

He shook his head. "Not as good as you, Goddess." He meant it. He wasn't sure if it was the absence of his sight that made him appreciate her more, or if was just the constant need his body felt for her since they started having sex, but every time he saw her now, he was struck at how gorgeous she truly was. He had been aware of her looks before, but now it wasn't just her features he admired. It was her radiance.

He moved quickly to the porch and captured her face in his hands in a sensual kiss. She smiled.

"You like?" she twirled, and for the first time he noticed her clothes. A frayed denim skirt that buttoned all the way up the front, a black crop top, and pristine Converse. Her glowing red hair hung loose around her shoulder, the ends of her almost longer than the hem of her shirt.

"Very co-ed. Very sexy," he assured her. "You sure you wanna do this? I could think of better things we could do."

"Hmmm. Do they involve whips and chains and whispered torture spells?" she teased.

"Hey, that's not fair," he feigned hurt. "I've been a very good boy."

"Yes, you have," she patted his chest. "I've been thinking...maybe after this party, would be a good time to let the sexwitch play a little."

"Please don't tease me, Goddess," he growled, grabbing her ass.

"I'm not teasing." She looked him straight in the eyes. "I have a feeling, after this party, you might need...extra release."

He sighed, closing his eyes. "Don't worry, Carrie. I'll keep it together. I promise."

"I know you will. I believe in your control. I just wanted you to know, we can work it out later, ok?"