Chapter 7 - Time

A/n: Yooo double update! I started tearing up while writing this so prepare yourselves... p.s I was listening to A Thousand Years By Christina Perri while writing this so if you wanna, listen to that while reading, it might make it sadder idk. 

- Her POV - 

Cancer. Stiles had cancer. 

We walked back up the drive way and into the house, neither of us speaking a word. I would have said something, but I was speechless. 

The doctor said that the cancer had been in his body for too long and at this point, it was incurable. Stiles is to go to hospital tomorrow to start treatment to buy him a little more time, but one thing the doctor made sure of was that we knew there wasn't much hope of Stiles surviving. 

Stiles had broken down into tears at the doctors and it took everything in me to keep it together. I was scared, terrified, about the situation. He was deteriorating right in front of me as the minutes passed and there wasn't a single thing I could do about it. 

All I could do is hold him when he shook with fear, knowing that his short life was going to come to an end long before it deserved to. 

We entered our house and made our way into the kitchen. Stiles collapsed onto the cold floor, his legs no longer having the energy to hold him up. 

I got down beside him and pull him onto my lap. His uneven breathing told me what was coming, a panic attack. 

"Just breathe, Stiles," I coo, running my hands up and down his sides. "Breathe with me." 

Minutes passed and with no change I slipped Stiles off my lap and rested myself up on my knees then cup his face in my hands, pulling it to mine and press my lips to his firmly. 

He let out a deep breath through his nose and I pull away, studying his face. He looked so tired and pale, it sent tears to my eyes. I didn't want to loose him. Not now... not yet. 

I imagined us growing old together, being one of those cute-ass elderly couples that made your heart swell. I imagined us having kids that took after their father with his annoying (Yet cute) sarcastic personality. I imagined us lasting longer than this... 

He let out a final shaky breath before falling into my chest, exhausted. I wrap my arms protectively around his torso and close my eyes as a tears began to fall.

This wasn't fair. Life isn't fucking fair. 

I wanted to scream. Scream until nothing came out, until there was no more pain, but when I feel Stiles' shallow breathes hitting my arm I lean over and notice his eyes closed, eyelashes resting lightly against his cheek. 

"I don't want to loose you," I sigh, resting my head gently against his and letting my own eyes close. "Hold on, for me."