Chapter 2 - Fall

With you I fall. 

*  

- Her POV -

Before meeting Stiles I had major trust issues. After going through countless bad break ups I had come to believe that all guys were same. 

They'd come along telling me that they're madly in love with me, that they couldn't imagine life without me. Then a few weeks later they'd say they've moved on, found someone better. I've even had my fair share of abuse. 

When Stiles came along, asking me if I wanted to go on a date with him, I immediately shot him down. I liked him, I really did, but I just couldn't bring myself to say yes. I couldn't bring myself to let my walls down for yet another guy that could possibly break my heart just like the others did. 

But Stiles being Stiles he constantly nagged me until I eventually gave him a chance and let me tell you, it was the best thing I had ever done. 

"You okay, love?" Stiles asks, pausing the movie that was playing on the TV so he could give his full attention to me. 

"Yeah," I say, looking up at him. "Just thinking, that's all." 

"What about?" He questions and I just shrug, looking back at the frozen picture on the TV. 

"My past, us." 

"I love you, you know that right?" 

I nod and look down at my hands in my lap, "I love you too." 

Gripping my shoulders, Stiles turned me so my body was facing him then put a finger under my chin, lifting my head to look at him. 

"I understand that loving, letting your walls down, is a hard thing for you, I really do. And I understand that so many guys have said this to you, but I love you so god damn much and nothing's going to change that. Just please, would you let your heart fall for me?" 

By now, I was close to tears but I didn't dare let them spill. Crying over something a guy said was something I did far too many times in the past and quite frankly, I was sick of it. 

"I'm trying, Stiles," I sigh. "But you've just gotta give me some time and eventually I'll get there." 

"Take all the time you need." He smiles, pulling me to his chest and placing a kiss on the top of my head.