Chapter 9 - Superman

She’s dancing with strangers, Falling apart, Waiting for Superman to pick her up, In his arms, yeah, in his arms. 

*

- Her POV - 

The house has an empty feeling to it while hes not here. It seems dull and cold, dark and gloomy. Its scary because I can slowly feel myself slipping back into old habits. 

When I dated all those other guys, I used to repeat the words they would shout at me when they went on drunken rages. 

Your worthless.

Look at all that fat! You need to loose weight, its disgusting. 

Whore. 

For Christ sake, have you heard of makeup? Maybe you should invest in some. 

You don't deserve love, piss off. 

As I walked though the house I began to realize how much I depended on Stiles to keep me sane. I could hear my past boyfriends voices bouncing off the walls, hitting me like a slap to the face. I made my way up to the bedroom and fell onto the bed, completely exhausted. 

Sleep definitely wasn't an option. There was no way I could sleep while Stiles' side was vacant. Our bed was far too big for just one person to sleep in it comfortably. 

Besides, how could I possibly sleep when the one person I loved more than anything is laying in a hospital bed battling a life-taking illness. 

I didn't want to be home, I wanted to be with him. Protecting him. 

Death could be standing at the end of his bed, ready to take him, and I'm here stuck in this cold house with nothing to do other than cry and hope that he'll make it until the next day when I can be with him again. 

The moonlight streams through the open window and lights up a photo frame that holds a photo of Stiles and I. It was my favourite photo of us, it was on our first date. 

That would have to be one of the best days of my life. Stiles took me to the movies and the movie he picked was so terrible, we got kicked out for talking too loud about how awful it was. 

We decided to just walk around for the rest of the day. We got some of those huge pretzel's and wandered around a park then stumbled across a band busking and there was a handful of people dancing to the music so we decided to join in. 

Stiles' dancing skills was so atrocious we ended up laughing until our sides hurt and we fell over, out of breath. Then the buskers started to play my favourite song, Waiting For Superman by Daughtry, and I tugged on Stiles' arm, wanting to get back up and dance again but he decided that dancing wasn't his thing and just stayed seated while I got back up, dancing with the strangers and enjoying my time. 

Exhausted, I fell onto Stiles' lap after the song had ended and he turned my face to look at him and repeated some of the lyrics to me. 

"If life was a movie, then it wouldn’t end like this, left without a kiss." 

He looked at me with hopeful eyes and I began to lean in. My heart was beating so hard I thought it was going to come out of my chest. Our lips met half way and I swear I felt fireworks. 

We pulled away when we heard clapping and a clicking noise. The strangers that were dancing had stopped and were watching us, smiling lovingly at us. A man with an old-style camera had the biggest smile as he admired the photograph he took of us. 

He came over and handed us the photo, his smile still big and bright. "May your love go on until the end of time." 

That was the day all the pain and suffering I had instilled was lifted off my shoulders and for the first time in months I felt like a could breath properly again. There wasn't a chocking feeling in my throat anymore, my brain wasn't clouded with hateful words, the bruises on my body began to heal. 

That was the day my superhero came and took me in his arms. The day I knew that everything was going to be okay.