So engrossed in checking out the dress I didn't hear Papa approaching me in the library.

"Damien send it, yeah?" Papa's gruff voice enquired.

I was a bit startled but recovered soon and mumbled a yes.

Papa picked up the note and read it aloud; it was a note written by his assistant asking me to wear the dress for the date night with Damien as requested (or rather, ordered) by him.

Papa looks at me and asked, "Going or not?"

"No."

"Elle, don't play with that man." Warned papa.

"I am not playing. I have already told him a no today when he called." I huffed and ran out of the library. I din't want anyone trying to change my mind.

I could hear papa calling for me but I didn't stop. I went to my bedroom and locked it up and fell on my fluffy bed.

There was a ping from my phone.

It was a message.

"Hope you liked the dress. 7:30 sharp. Don't make it hard for yourself. - DK"

I wanted to hurl the phone out of the window.

I curled on the bed and rolled around until it was 5 in the evening.

There was a knock on the door. It was mum with two mugs of what I think is tea. She comes and sits next to me and stretched one mug at me. I took it from her and had a sip.

"Sweety.. I know its difficult. But you-"

"No." I knew were this was going. "Mama I am scared. Why is no one understanding. He almost shot Luke last time and I can't stand him anymore." I said exasperated.

"And that's exactly why you will go." Mum said her voice firm. I gaped at her.
"If that's what Damien did for you not eating the food, imagine what he will do next if you disobey his commands."

I knew she was right. I shut my eyes tight for a few seconds before sighing and nodding at mum.

Mum smiled and called for Mary who entered with the parcel Damien had sent.

"Come on now my brave child. Show how beautiful the Knight women are to the Kings clan." Mum joked.

I knew she was trying to lighten the mood. So I forced a smile on my face and headed to the washroom.

I freshened up and did a light makeup before putting on the dress. Slipping into the heels I looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was looking beautiful on me, somehow my hair and everything looks perfect for the outfit. Grabbing my bag and purse I went downstairs.

A man dressed in a white uniform was standing in front of the door as Rick, our head of security was chatting with him

A man dressed in a white uniform was standing in front of the door as Rick, our head of security was chatting with him. As soon as they heard the noise of my heels clicking on the floor, both the men looked up at me. I smiled at Rick as he gave me a small smile back and the man next to him bowed as I came near.