Epilogue (Pt.1)

[A/N: alright, so this is what changes in LOK, from new OCs to Gyawa. I'll publish in sections, and if you don't like Mako you can skip the one called Mako and Yongten. Aang is alive. But any who, let's go. PS, Prince of the Agni Crime Family is out! PPS, request anything with the story.]

~*~

   Family Trees

Zuko and Gyawa
\/
Fire Lord Bumi - nonbender
Princess Izumi - firebender
Prince Tenzin - airbender
Princess Yongten - 25 - airbender

Aang and Katara
\/
Gakushi  - waterbender
Kya - waterbender
Gyotso - airbender

~*~

The Fire Lord's Love

[Zuko's POV]

I never really thought this would happen so early in her life, I never thought she would die at age fifty. I knew she was the avatar, I knew this would mean sacrifices, but not her life.

There was me, and her children she left behind, Bumi in his late twenties, Izumi around the same age, Tenzin was just about to be twenty, but Yongten. She was only ten.

Her face, looking at her mother's coffin was torture. She had so much innocents, and yet it seemed to be taken away as she stared at it. She knew her mother was dead. They were the closest out of all of our children, I knew this would be hard for her most of all.

The Fire sparkled off Yongten's tears, I couldn't help but place my hand on her tiny shoulder. She didn't look up, there were so many tears flowing down her little cheeks. I wondered if she could be alright, I wondered if I would be alright.

Gyawa was just ripped away from us, from me. I wasn't ready, non of us were. "Now passes, Avatar Gyawa, wife to Fire Lord Zuko, mother of Fire Prince Bumi, Fire Princess Izumi, Air Master Tenzin, and Princess Yongten." The Sage announced to the crowd, all our old friends were there. Non of them or her own family was crying. I wasn't crying, I didn't even know who killed her. Or what killed her, just found her dead. Gone forever. Only Yongten shed tears that day.

I was never fond of Yongten, she reminded me to much of Azula. But Gyawa did, and now I had to comfort her.

When the sages set her cold body to flame, I saw the marriage bracelet I gave her only thirty years ago. We weren't ready, we didn't have enough time. The cycle would continue and the next avatar would be born. But it wouldn't be my Gyawa.

The bracelet began to burn, but I didn't left my eyes from it.

[Flash Back]

It was a cool breezy day in the eastern air temple. I should be relaxed, but my nerves were playing tricks with me. What I was about to ask Gyawa kept turning my stomach.

We had been laying around in the air temple for two days, I hadn't actually relaxed in forever, and either did Gyawa. But it didn't mean I was tense. Gyawa and I had never actually talked about marriage.

I leaned on her as I read a scroll and drank tea, momo somewhere around, I wasn't paying any attention to him or what I was reading. My mind was going in circles from if she'd say yes to my question.

The ingadgment bracelet was in my pocket and I held it clenched. Hearing Gyawa sigh almost made me jump.

"What's wrong? You've been acting tense all day." Gyawa asked braking a long silence.

I didn't respond, this could be my chance before something bad happened. Like an old enemy finding us, or a new enemy finding us and trying to kill us.

"Zuko?" She asked again sitting down next to me, my heart only increased.

"Yeah?" I reply trying not to show I was freaking out. My ears and cheeks felt unbelievably red.

"Are you okay?" Gyawa smiled, brushing her fingers on my cheek.

"Gyawa..." I began to say not looking at her beautiful face but the stone we sat on. I could still feel her eyes staring me down. "I know we've been through so much together, I tried to capture you." I scoffed, making her give me a slight chuckle. "And I know you love me, and I will never leave you, I promised all those years ago." As I continued to speak I felt like every word I was finding my voice. "I want us to take the next step." Her smile went from a smile to caution, she knew what I was getting at.

My finger danced around her long dark hair all the way to her waist, looking in her crystal eyes. "Gyawa, marry me." The words seemed to be so natural.

She said nothing, only let her lips hang and kept her eyes on mine. At first I felt good about this till my fears chucked in and I regretted everything. Maybe I should have knelt on a knee, maybe both knees, I should have made it more of a question. I was such an idiot!

"Zuko..." Gyawa let out a breath, making my eyes widen and my heart jump. "You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to ask that." Her lips formed a nervous smile, poring out relief we both laughed. I then reached in my pocket, which was hard to get to since I wasn't used to Air nomad clothes, and held the bracelet dangling in front of her eyes.

Gyawa didn't give it the slightest, threw it on the ground and charged me. I gasped in shock, laying the ground letting her do what she wanted. She smiled with those white teeth before tightly pressing her lips against mine. Taking a breath she moved ever so slightly away. I let out a chuckle, I was now looking at my future wife. The feeling was so real, I felt happy, she was happy, I knew I would remember this day till I died. I knew this was real, I knew it would lasted till our deaths.