Chapter Ten: The Fire in the Conflict

"I know that's you, Azula! Tell your friends to let Kiyi go!" Zuko shouted on the top of his lungs at Azula who wasn't showing us her face.

Only the lightning forming on her finger tips. She then shot it straight at Zuko, "You know I can redirect anything you-!" He said as he redirected it. Only, she directed it right back, making him fly back.

"Zuko!" I gasped making an air ball to make his fall less painful.

"I'm okay... she's gotten strong again..." he said as she began to run away.

He was panting for breath and holding his chest lightly, he didn't seem okay to me. I put my arm around him to give him slack, we watched as Suki tried to tackle Azula, she turned around and shot lightning at her.

Suki flung her fans at her, Azula kicked her, knocking her down. Ty Lee ran up and tried to chi block her, but Azula dodged it and smacked her in the face. She then used fire to propel her self up to the roof.

"No... no..." Zuko said, all I could do was watch, I didn't have my glider. The kemurikage looked down at us before throwing smoke and disappearing out of nowhere.

"No!" Zuko now yelled.

                                     ~*~

"They took her didn't they? They took my baby." Ursa asked, running up with her husband with so much fear in her eyes.

"I'm sorry." Zuko kept his head down, and I couldn't find myself with my chin high at the moment. Azula took Zuko's sister right out from under us.

"There were four more kidnappings last night, including Kiyi." Mak, a general explained, the next day in the throne room. Zuko sat there with a guilty and worried look about him, I didn't know what to say to him, I didn't know how to get through his barrier.

"That makes a total of thirteen. Our citizens are so frightened that many are planning to leave the city before sundown."

I shook my head, This was bad, not just the citizens, but the children that were taken from they're families, the Fire Nation was in fear. And if we didn't find them, citizens would be scared and maybe even revolt.

"I don't blame them." Zuko almost whispered. It echoed through the sober halls.

"Zuko, I heard." Mai said, walking in with her boyfriend.

"Hello, Mai." He replied stepping down from the throne. As soon as he was down to where we all were, she hugged him.

"I'm so worried." He said, still holding her.

I folded my arms, hoping this was just two friends with friendly concern.

"I know. But we'll find them. We'll find all of them." She continued to hug him, I thought she was the broody one. I was supposed to be supporting him, and now he was beginning to lean on Mai, and not me.

"But now we know who it is." I stated trying to end that.

"Yeah, but that's why I'm worried." Zuko said, finally ending the hug.

"You know for sure they're not spirits?" Mai asked, sounding afraid.

"Last night, one of them shot lightning at us." Suki explained.

"No, it can't be! Lightning bending is rare, but it isn't that rare! That doesn't necessarily mean-"

"It wasn't just lightning, Mai. It was how she fought. How she moved." Ty Lee said, with fear in her voice.

"It was definitely Azula." Zuko added.

"But why would Azula want to kidnap all those kids? Her own sister?" Mai asked, it almost sounded like she was trying to convince herself.