Chapter Eleven: North and South

It was a very cold blue night when Appa and I finally flew to Katara and Sokka's hometown. As soon as I landed at the gates I was greeted by Katara.

"Gyawa!" She smiled while hugging me. I sighed in contentment it was awhile since I had actually friendly attention. "How did it go? We're you guys able to get the Spirits to settle down?" She asked taking my thoughts to the one thing I didn't want to remember.

"Don't remind me, they weren't spirits. It was Azula acting one and I think I might have ruined things with Zuko." I rambled but clearly Katara didn't get a word I said.

"Avatar Gyawa!" Hakoda said as we walked closer.

"Nice to see you chief Hakoda." I bowed.

"It's actually head chief Hakoda, now." Katara corrected me.

"Oh, congratulations." I smiled leaning on my staff.

"Thank you, Gyawa." Hakoda replied with the same bow.

I then remembered how small this town used to be compared to how big it was now. "I see you've rebuilt." I commented with a slight smile.

"Yes, with the help of North, I've really improved. Why don't you two go and enjoy the festival?" Hakoda stated, I nodded before following Katara.

"Thanks, dad." She waved.

As we walked in the town square I saw the streets lit up and people everywhere, even Toph, Aang, and Sokka. "Toph! Sokka! Aang!" I smiled as I ran up to them.

"Hey Twinkle Sparks." Toph smiled nudged my arm, and by nudging I mean hitting, I chuckled and hit her arm back.

It felt good, getting my mind off things with the Gaang, playing a ton of games and winning them all.

"Woohoo! Come one and all! Come marvel at Sokka of the Southern Water Tribe's manly, manly, beanbag-tossing skills!" Sokka announced after winning another game.

"I'm marveling, I'm marveling." Toph shook her head, holding all our prizes.

"Guys, I think someone's about to give a speech!" Aang tried to say but I could careless.

"I hear too many of those. I'm actually having fun for once." I waved a hand as I walked close to Sokka to make sure Aang got the point.

"Whatever. I only like speeches if they're by me." Toph grinned, pointing at herself through all the stuffed animals.

"Hold on. Let me claim my prize first!" Sokka said. "I'd like that giant polar bear dog, please." He smiled, as he pointed to the cute looking polar bear dog.

"Here's yer prize." The man said, handing Sokka a little stuffed rat making both of us shtick.

As we walked back to Toph, she seemed to be searching the ground for something. "What is... that?" She asked.

"I know right? What a rip-off." Sokka replied thinking she was talking about the toy.

"No, not that... underground... I feel something... someone coming towards us!" She stood up facing toward us.

"Your powers of perception are frightening." I shrugged, I did not want to get in yet another fight.

"Hey you copied what I said!" Sokka scoffed putting his hands on his hips.

"Would've felt it sooner if it weren't for these stupid things!" Toph said kneeling back down to feel the icy ground. "Heads up, team Avatar!" She yelled at Katara and Aang who were listening to the speech.

"Shhh! Some of us are trying to listen!" An old lady shushed at toph.

"Tonight, we're thrilled to announce a new partner in this venture: Earthen Fire industries! Representative Toph Beifong,"