[ Open The Box - Voltron ]

Keith sighed to himself. His students had not been listening to him all day, and it was stressing him out. By now, it was after hours, and he was currently trying his best to calm down by grading the test he gave out yesterday. He knew he should’ve been doing it earlier, but his students made it hard. Just suddenly, a knock came, causing him to flinch.

“Come in.” His voice was quiet, but he hoped he wouldn't have to repeat himself.

The person must have heard him, because the door was gently pushed open.

“Hey...” He smiled softly, which make Keith groan in annoyance. Of course. It just had to be James Griffin of all people.

“What the hell are you doing here, Griffin?” Keith snapped.

“Easy there, Tiger. I just decided to stop by. You look stressed earlier. Are your students still giving you a hard time?” James raised an eyebrow in question. He had that stupid smirk on his face that Keith hated.

James got a glare in response. “What do you think?” The teacher was obviously  stressed and not in the best mood.

“If you aren’t careful, Mister Kogane, you might actually bite someone one of these days,” He teased the slightly older teacher. Well, Keith was only older by a year, but still.

“Shut up.”

“Make me.”

“James, you know I don't have time for this right now,” the math teacher cautioned. The only things these two had in common were the fact they grew up in the same neighborhood and the fact that they were both teachers. They never really got along with one another. Keith had punched James in middle school, after James made a snarky insult about his dead parents. He had calmed down since then, but was still very easily annoyed by James’ presence.

“Calm down, Keith. It’s after hours, so relax,” James ran his fingers through his fringe a bit. It was a habit. A weird one, of course. Whether he was nervous, stressed, or just bored, it calmed his nerves.

“Then why are you here?” Keith replied harshly. The sooner James left, the sooner that he could finish whatever the hell he was doing.

“To apologize.”

“I-” Keith cut himself off, realizing what James had said. He was a little taken aback at his words. “What?”

“I came to apologize,” James repeated himself. He wasn’t smirking anymore.

“Why? There’s nothing to apologize for,” Keith hesitated a little, not knowing what was going through this guy’s head.

“I know you don’t think so,” James paused trying to find his words, which was a bit hard. Unlike some people here, he wasn’t an English teacher. He was just a plain old art teacher. “But I never really...apologized, for what I did to you back then, So…” James leaned over, and gently placed a box on Keith’s desk. Whatever was in it was alive, and was trying to get out of the box.

“What is it?” Keith almost whispered.

“Open it and find out,” James took a step back. He watched as Keith carefully opened the box. Keith’s eyes widened a little as he looked inside.