Athos's Point Of View (POV)

I was excited; today the Genie Council has invited me to their head quarters. I had never been since I am a novice genie. Only elite genies get to be on the Genie Council. So, only the most important people get to meet them. My adrenaline was kicking in, was I gonna be promoted? I swing open the door with as little enthusiasm as I can muster, but I fail at hiding it and hit an assistant genie in the face.

   "Oh my...I didn't mean to. I'm so, so, so sorry for that." I say with wholesome sincerity as I pull the door from his face. He leans over and picks up his books and clipboards timidly. I scramble to pick at least one book up. He looks up at me with an innocent gaze which makes me feel even worse about myself.

   "It's okay, Athos. I appreciate your concern." He says with a chuckle.

   "Oh thank the humans, I am forgiven. Wait...how do you know my name?" I say, realizing I haven't introduced myself to him yet. So, how did he know my name?

   "I"m an assistant, all plans and future plans run by me. So we don't double book." He says with a chuckle as he shows me what looks to be a crinkled calendar. I read what's scheduled today "Meeting with Athos from 12:40 to 13:30" I give myself a sigh of relief because I'm thirteen minutes early. I thought I was super late. I see that there's another objective planned for today "Crowning from 15:00 to 16:30 opt."  Who's getting a Crowning? Why's it say optional? I shake it off and enter the room, it doesn't involve me.
(A Crowning is when a genie gets a huge, life changing promotion.)