Eat it, ate it, love it, hate it

Overstated, underrated, everywhere I've been

Can you wiggle, wiggle for the D, O, double G, again?

Come on baby

Turn around (turn around, turn around, turn around)

You're a star girl

Take a bow (take a bow, take a bow, take a bow)

It's just one thing that's killing me

How'd you get that in them jeans?

You know what to do with that big fat butt

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

(wiggle, wiggle, wiggle)

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

(wiggle, wiggle, wiggle)

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

(shake it, shake it girl)

Just a little bit of

(little bit of, wiggle wiggle)

Wiggle, wiggle

Now make it clap

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Now make it clap

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Make it clap

(baby when you do it like that)

Just a little bit of

Now make it clap

No hands baby, make it clap, clap, clap

(like swing)

Damn, baby, you got a bright future behind you

Wiggle 

Music 

Wiggle is a song released in May this year by American singer-songwriter Jason Derulo featuring American rapper Snoop Dogg. It is an upbeat hip-hop R&B song that is about a woman’s big fat butt.  Unusually, they used toy flutes, hand clappers, peanut wrappers, and percussive instruments for sound effects. Derulo chose to collaborate with Snoop Dogg because he "is the coolest, most swagged-out rapper there is. He's iconic, and I wanted to go for a more iconic look for this one”.  

In the music video, Derulo wakes up in a bed full of beautiful women who have begun wiggling, confusing Derulo. He then is shown performing the song with dancers near a pool party. At one point an old lady pops out of the bed amongst all the girls Derulo is sleeping next to which is kind of funny! 

There has been some negative press against the song as many people are offended by the message of the song. They feel that it is sexist towards women by talking about women’s butts in such instructive and lewd manner.  However, Derulo has said it was only meant to be a ‘fun song’.  As well as this, many young women are shown in the video wearing incredibly short shorts disgusting many. In my opinion, there is no need to show off your body just to film a music video. These women and the video directors probably think they are acting the stereotypical accepted sexy music video when actually these women are sexy just by being beautiful. However, I feel you lose your beauty readily accept and feel it is appropriate to have half your butt showing whilst wearing short shorts. In the song, Derulo sings ‘How do you fit all that... in them jeans?’ so why not have women wearing jeans? A piece of advice to big butt girls; instead of trying to squeeze into jeans and complaining that you can’t or wear shorts too short for you, go buy shorts and jeans which actually fit you. 

However, despite the negative criticism, it is admiringly a catchy song where most people feel the need to move their body in some way during the chorus.  Usually it’s shaking the butt however just swaying is fine as well people! 

Do I love it, like it, dislike it, hate or undecided... 

Even though it is true, I won’t fully identify with the claims that the song is sexist as many songs are these days (not that I’m justifying this).  However, I don’t think it is any different from songs in the industry today with the idea of singing about beautiful women and singing near a pool. As well as this, there really isn’t the need to be wearing short shorts in the video. However, I am trying to base my opinion on the song more than anything else and I do have to agree that it is catchy. I must admit it is my secret pleasure song! I’d say I like the song. 

So, how did you like my topic Wiggle? What do you think; hot or not? Vote!