23: Spammers and Sleepovers

Start from the beginning

"I didn't like that idea at all," I shook my head.

"Teto!" The redhead's mother called from downstairs.

"Neru and Luka!" Teto's eyes lit up and she dashed out of the room. "Be right back, you guys!"

"Should we get changed?" I asked Miku.

"We should!" She grinned. I pulled my backpack open and got my sleepwear out.

"I'll be quick," I said, heading into Teto's bathroom and closing the door. I got changed and Miku went next.

"You look so pretty," I teased her once she was out, poking her in the ribs. She wore a pale pink nightdress that reached down to the middle of her calves.

"Changed already?" We saw Neru standing by the door, smiling at us. For once, she wasn't texting. Luka was standing beside her, and they both walked in with Teto following.

The rest of the girls got changed and we all sat on Teto's bed in a circle, with our legs crossed. Luka was talking about some kind of fish, I think it was tuna, when my phone buzzed.

I should've ignored it but some part of me knew who it was, and I wanted to know what he had to say.

1 new message.

Naoki: hey. You left about an hour ago, saying you had to go do something. Are you done?

I glanced at the girls before looking back down at my phone.

Gumi: yeah, I'm done, but I'll be busy. I'm at a party.

Naoki: ooh, that sounds like fun. I haven't been to a party in...let me think...

Gumi: let me guess. Months?

Naoki: yeah, something like that, I suppose.

Gumi: it's a slumber party.

"Gumi!" Miku gave me a nudge and I looked up from my phone. The girls looked at me. "What is it?"

"It's him," I mumbled, looking at Naoki's reply.

Naoki: so you're in a house full of girls, I assume.

"Who is it, Kaito?" Luka asked. "I heard you gave him your number..."

"Wait..." I frowned. "My number..."

"Why did you tell him that you're at a party, you idiot?" Miku scolded me.

"What was I supposed to do?" I asked. "Dammit, Gakupo!"

"What's Gakupo got to do with Mr. Spammy-Pants?" Teto asked.

"Is it Kaito?" Luka asked again.

"Kaito isn't Mr. Spammer," Neru said, texting on her own phone.

"I gave Gakupo my number that day!" I yelled at my phone. "But...but..."

Naoki: what I wouldn't give to be at your party.

Gumi: DAMMIT YOU'RE ANNOYING!!

Naoki: what'd I do now?! D:

"Give me the phone!" Miku snatched my phone away. "He's creepy!"

"No, he's not!" I said. "He just jokes around!"

"Who is he?" Luka looked at me and then at Neru, who shrugged.

"He's Naoki!" I tackled Miku and took my phone. "And he knows a lot about...um...relationships and stuff!"

"Ooh!" Luka clapped her hands together repeatedly. "Let's ask him how we can get Kaito to like us!"

Gumi: you know a lot about girls, right?