"You made the rounds, apologized to us all. What more can he ask?" Fitz said.

"I don't know."

"Mm."

"Who know's?" I asked.

"I have been busting my ass, memorizing every SHIELD protocol manual, following every order. "Yes, sir." "No, sir." I even let them tag me like a stray dog. I mean, I know I lied to you guys, but I was trying to protect my boyfriend." Skye says.

"You know, we all make mistakes. And who cares--I don't care--who cares about your ex-boyfriend?" Fitz says.

"It's not like I'm comparing Ward to Miles, but at least with Miles, I didn't have to worry about passive- aggressive stuff."

"Yep." I said.

"There's no mind games." Skye says.

"Mm." Fitz says.

"We spoke the same language, you know?"

'Word.' Silas said.

"Yeah. Yeah, a bit like we do." Fitz says.

"Totally. You and Simmons are so tight, it's like you're psychically linked." Skye says.

"No, you--no. Actually, no. I don't think so." Fitz says.

"So, Ward was here?"

Jemma came in in her lab coat. A sent her a smile as she made her way towards the table.

"Let me guess--the Night-Night pistol again?" Jemma asked Fitz.

"Yeah. Oh, yeah, and he said it was off by an ounce." Fitz said.

Jemma scoffs.

"Of course he did. "

'Wait for it.' Silas said.

"I'm Agent Grant Ward, and I could rupture your spleen with my left pinkie--blind folded!" Jemma says changing her voice with her hands on her hips.

"That is dead on." Skye said with a laugh.

"Hey."

We all looked towards the door as Ward comes in. We all go silent and Jemma sits up straight.

"Hustle up and grab your gear. We're on a mission." Ward said.

I look down as I try to hold back my laughter. I look around and see Skye and Fitz doing the same.

"Something funny?" Wards asked.

Me and Skye shake our heads.

"Poor, silly Fitz."

Jemma grabs the gun and takes a round out of it before handing it to Ward.

"He mistakenly left a dummy round in the pistol. Should be proper now." Jemma said.

Ward takes the gun and does the same thing as last time. I snort.

"Great. Thanks." Ward says.

Ward puts the gun down and leaves again. We all look at each other and start cracking up.

"Let's get ready." I say to Skye.

Skye gets off the computer and leads the way out of the lab. On my way I passed by Jemma, brushing her shoulder as I did so.

And that's when I saw it.

I stopped in my tracks once I saw a pale, sick looking version of Jemma standing in font of me. She had tears in her eyes that were red and puffy. She looked like she was on the verge of death.

"Rosalie."

I looked behind me. Jemma stood behind me. Not sick Jemma. Happy, healthy Jemma.

"Aren't you going to go get ready?" she asked.

I blinked my eyes a few times.

"Yeah." 

I walked out of the lab and stopped once again when the door closed behind me.

What was that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We drove up to a camp site that was in the woods.  The tent and the rest of the supplies was there. Who ever was here was gone. SHIELD agents were looking around the site. Once we all got out of the car my dad started talking.

"Troop leader's name was Adam Cross. Apparently, he said he heard something in the woods, went to check it out. That's where the electrostatic anomaly occurred." Dad said.

"What I don't understand is usually, they're caused by a massive electrical storm..." Fitz said.

"But there wasn't a storm within a thousand miles of here last night." Jemma says.

"This anomaly's different--it has a side effect we've never seen before." Dad said.

There was a truck that had a big hole in the hood. I walked over to it and lift the hood up. Everything was there except for the battery. May comes up from behind me and looks inside of it as well. 

"The battery blew straight up through the hood." May said

"Landed over here. Hell of a force to create that kind of trajectory." Ward said.

He was squatted next to the battery on the ground. I put the hood down and looked around for my dad. 

'Rosy! Look over there!' Silas said. His tail pointing to the side of us.

I walked in that directions and my eyes widen. There was Adam Cross, hovering a few feet high off the ground on his back. Jemma was next a few spaces next to the body, looking down at the tablets in her hands. I stood next to her as I looked at the body up close.

'Wow. Rose take a picture of me with it.' Silas said.

"No." I said.

'Come on, let me take a selfie!'

"No."

'Buzz kill.'

Soon the whole team came from behind us.

"So sad a man died this way...and yet so amazing." Jemma said.

"Fitz-Simmons, any idea what could cause an effect like this?" Dad asked.

Jemma and Fitz looked at my Dad and started talking at the same time and I had to look back and forth between them. 

"Time." Dad said and they stopped.

"Let's try this again. Any idea what could cause an effect like this?"

"The hell if I know." Jemma said.

"Uh,no,no clue." Fitz said.

"Seems to me like we're either dealing with some freak natural event or a new high-tech weapon." Ward said.

"Or could it be someone from your uber-secret index?" Skye asked.

"There's no one on the index with this type of power." May says.

"That we know of. I'll contact Agent Blake at SHIELD HQ, have him check it out." Dad said.

He looked over at the floating body.

"Whoever or whatever's responsible, we cant let this happen again."

"FItz see his forehead? Look at that endutheliald discoloration." Jemma said leaing forward.

"Yeah, same dispersal pattern as the strike on the truck." Fitz replied.

Jemma stepped closer towards the body.

"Could be an entry wound cauterized immediately." Jemma said.

Suddenly the body drops to the ground and Jemma jumps away from it and gasps. I step back.

"Okay..." I said.

"Freaky." Fitz said.

"Freaky." Jemma said with a nod of her head.