"He isn't cheating on me," Kat protested.

"How are you so sure?" Karmen now asked.

She hated being involved in drama but with her little sister's heart at risk, she knew she had to be.

"Because we aren't even a couple so it's literally impossible for him to be cheating on me."

"Don't try to feed yourself that bullshit," Kris scoffed, "Sure you two aren't official but you've been on so many dates- you basically are!"

"Plus," Alex added, "You gave up sleeping with Noah so you definitely are committed."

"Yeah, I am, but he never said he was. And he doesn't have to be because we're not together."

"And what happens when you two actually are together?" Karmen now questioned, "If he can't be faithful to you now, whats makes you think he won't cheat when you two are official?"

Kat remained silent which was all the girls needed to tell Carter to continue the plan.

"Joey, you're smarter than Carter. Think anything's going on between them?"

"Hey!"

"Honestly," Joey hesitated, "They look very comfortable with each other."

Kat rolled her eyes, now getting up and leaving the living room.

"Where are you going?"

"To my room! This is a total invasion of privacy!"

She practically slammed the door shut and threw herself on the bed, wanting to scream in frustration.

She wanted to hate them for doing this against her wishes but she knew she couldn't, after all, they just wanted what was best for her.

But they didn't understand that this wasn't it.

She didn't want to spy on Tom, she didn't want there to be any distrust between them... there was also the fact that no matter what the outcome was, she'd feel bad.

Either her sister were wrong and she felt horrible for even entertaining their idea or they were right and Kat was left heartbroken.

Kris slowly entered her room, sitting next to her and immediately going to brush her hair, knowing that calmed her down, "What's going through your head Lina?"

Kat sighed, "That I don't want you guys to do this."

"Why?" Kris frowned, "Sure you two aren't together but don't you deserve to know how serious he's taking you- and if he's seeing other girls?"

"No," Kat now sat up, "Just because I'm all in doesn't mean he is. And I can't exactly get mad at him for this because we're not official!"

"That's it? Isn't it? If he's with this girl and you know, you're scared it'll be the end for you two. That no matter how much you're telling us and yourself that it doesn't matter cause you're not together, it will matter to you."

"It'll ruin things," Kat whispered, "And I- I don't want to lose him Kris."

"You can't think of it that way though," Kris sighed, "You have to stop thinking of him and think of yourself- know your self worth. Why would you want to be with someone who not only hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend after countless dates but is going around with other girls when you're not around?"

"You don't get it... I-I never felt this way before."

"Because you're still so young! You've barely lived your life and you're already obsessed with this boy and it is not healthy."

Kat only glared at her sister when Alex came running in, throwing herself on the bed with them.

"Okay Carter, now what do you see?"

"What I saw a few seconds ago Alexandra, them talking to some random old white dude."

Karmen watched them with crossed arms while Kat threw herself back on the bed again in frustration.

"Is Kat still against this?"

"Yes!"

"Listen, I can stop if you want."

"Please do."

"No!"

"Okay, I'll stop," Carter smiled, "I'll just go right up to him and ask him what's the deal."

"You better sit your tall Australian ass down," Kat suddenly ordered, making the others laugh.

It felt good to laugh during such a serious moment.

Joey's smile dropped though the second she looked back at Tom and the mystery girl.

Hitting Carter's arm, he looked over, jaw dropping at the scene.

He cleared his throat nervously, "Um... Kat?"

"Yeah?" Kat sighed, desperately wanting this phone call to be over.

"Tom's kissing this other girl."

written: November 16, 2018
posted: January 14, 2019

ngl, I'm pretty proud of that manip 😬 also TOM DOES NOT NEED ABS TO BE THE BEAUTIFUL MAN THAT HE IS