"Thank you so much," Zendaya smiled when Kat handed over the bottle, "And thanks for coming, I've been wanting to meet you forever now!"

"Re-Really?"

"Yeah," Laura smiled, "All Tom does is talk about you nowadays- we've all wanted to meet this amazing Kat Perez."

"The boys are going to be so jealous we met you first," Zendaya smirked, leading them into the kitchen, "So I'm going to cook you all a nice dinner. You can stay in here with me-"

"Or," Laura cut her off, "You can join me in the living room for some karaoke."

"Oh! I vote that!" Tom smiled, high fiving Laura.

Kat was hesitant though, "That sounds fun but I don't want to leave Zendaya alone."

Zendaya shook her head, smiling softly at her, "Don't worry about it. I'll join you soon enough. Go, have fun."

Laura was quick to drag Kat off, the three settling into their karaoke session in no time.

"Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality!"

Zendaya chuckled quietly hearing her friends sing loudly from the other room, loving how passionate they all sounded and knowing their throats will hurt in no time.

By the time that song finished, she put her spoon down and went to them, leaning against the doorframe as they turned to face her.

"The only one who sang good out of you three was Kat," Zendaya smirked, earning gasps from Tom and Laura.

"Bitch!"

"It's not our fault Kat's an actual singer," Laura protested.

"Right," Zendaya smiled, "I heard your song Kat- it's pretty great."

"Thanks," Kat smiled, blushing slightly.

"She also sings in Spanish," Tom announced proudly, Kat hitting his side but the damage had already been done.

"Okay, I have to hear you sing in Spanish," Laura smirked, already beginning to search for the perfect song.

"It's basically the same."

"Except this time you won't have these two doofuses ruining your song," Zendaya chuckled, already going to go back into the kitchen but Laura stopped her.

"No! Z! Don't leave! You have to listen to Kat sing Selena!"

"Selena is my queen," Kat beamed, the nerves leaving her body the second she saw the list of her favorite songs pop up.

"I can listen to Kat from the kitchen," Zendaya tried, only to be stopped by Laura again.

"Cmon Z! The food will be fine- just join us!"

Zendaya rolled her eyes playfully but stayed put, listening to Kat sing the beginning of the song without even looking at the words.

"I see you girl," she laughed after they clapped for her after the first part of the song, "Don't even need the lyrics."

"She was all I listened to as a kid- it's a given I know the words. Cmon guys! Sing along!"

The three tried, and failed miserably, which had Kat in a laughing fit as she recorded them.

As she was saving it to her snapchat, she was the first to smell the scent of burning food.

"Um... Zendaya. I think your food is burning."

"Fuck!" Zendaya yelled, wide-eyed as she quickly ran to the kitchen.

Laura laughed quietly as she followed with Tom and Kat to see Zendaya in front of her now turned off stove and smoking pot.

"Fucking shit Laura! This is all your fault!"

"Me?" Laura gasped, "I wasn't the one cooking! You were!"

"But you distracted me!"

"A real cook would've still payed attention to her food no matter what."

Zendaya shot her a glare before picking up the burnt pot, "Fuck. I really wanted a homemade meal now we're just gonna have to get pizza."

"Why not just try again?" Tom chuckled.

"I am not going through that hell again," she scoffed.

Laura only smiled when Kat cleared her throat, "I can always cook, if you want?"

Instantly, the tree looked at her.

"You know how to cook?" Laura was the first to ask.

Kat nodded slowly, "Mom taught me as soon as I was old enough."

"Let me guess," Zendaya scoffed, "A lady should know how to cook?"

"That's what she always said," Kat smiled, "But really it was so she didn't have to cook for me."

The three laughed as Zendaya now shook her head, "I couldn't possibly. I'm the one who invited you two over- you shouldn't have to do any work."

"I don't mind, really. Let's just go shopping for the groceries and I'll do whatever you three want."

They were hesitant but after Kat reassured them it was okay, they agreed.

The trip to the grocery store was just what Kat needed to feel fully comfortable with the girls.

They acted as if they had known each other their whole lives and- by the time they got back to the apartment, Kat was no longer scared or nervous about being there.

She no longer needed Tom anymore and he didn't mind at all seeing her get along so well with his friends.

Zendaya smiled once she caught Tom staring at Kat who was laughing with Laura as they cut vegetables together.

"You really like her, don't you?"

"Yeah," Tom sighed, "Is it... crazy how fast I'm falling for her?"

"No," she scoffed, "That's just love Tommy boy. And you know what? I couldn't be prouder. She's a great girl- so don't go screwing this up."

"Funnily enough, Harrison said the same thing."

"We just know you that well- Laura! Stop! That's my favorite knife!"

"Who the fuck has a favorite knife?"

"I actually do," Kat chuckled.

"Thank you!" Zendaya smiled proudly as she got up, "I approve Thomas."

As Zendaya now joined the girls Tom continued to watch Kat, her catching his eye a moment later, sending him a wink.

That's when Tom knew, he was definitely crazy for this girl.

written: November 05, 2018
posted: January 07, 2019