"I asked Z for her connections the second I heard you sing."

Kat blushed a bit, shaking her head, "I really can't thank you enough, Tom."

"It's nothing," he tried to brush her off.

"It is," she protested, "I mean I never had the guts to do something like that but you pushed me and believed in me and- I might be having my own single pretty soon!"

"I'm honored to have been a part of it," Tom smiled, "I knew you would fit right in. I know you're a humble girl so you'd never admit it but your voice- it deserves to be heard by the world Kat and-"

"You're my sun," Kat suddenly blurt out, surprising Tom.

"What?"

"Literally- you just- you helped me shine in there. I shined because you were there."

"You shine on your own," Tom smiled softly.

Kat shook her head though, "I shine better with you."

Tom found himself at loss for words again as he just looked at her, a look on his face that others could only describe as lovestruck.

But Kat did not see that at all, so, she immediately wanted to take it back.

"I'm so sorry- that's probably like really creepy to say. I've probably creeped you out. You can just- you can leave me here. I'll find my own way back."

"Shut up," Tom laughed, wrapping his arms around her waist to pull her close, "I'm not creeped out. I'm..."

He didn't even finish what he was saying, he thought actions speak louder than words so he just did what he had been dying to do since he first stepped onto the stage of Ellen's show.

He kissed her.

Kat always thought the whole 'fireworks first kiss' was bullshit considering her first ever first kiss was in the stairway of her middle school.

But this kiss- it was unlike any other.

She almost wanted to pull a Mia Thermopolis and pop her leg but she decided against that and instead decided to bring him closer.

There was no space between them as the kiss grew more and more passionate- which neither of them thought was possible yet here they were.

Kat ran her fingers through his hair as she deepened the kiss, not a care in the world now that she was in his arms.

Lack of air wasn't even a concern to them- nothing was, until the sound of a door opening made them pull away.

The audio engineer shook his head with a smile on his face as he waved goodbye before walking off to his car.

Once he was gone, Kat turned to Tom, blushing when she saw his face for the first time.

"You got a little something... all over."

Tom chuckled, "So do you."

Kat's hand immediately went to her face but Tom beat her to it, grabbing a hold of her face and placing his lips on hers once again.

This kiss was a lot slower, like they were savoring the moment, trying to remember the feeling of the other's lips before they knew they had to pull away.

"I could do this all day," Tom said between kisses, making Kat laugh as she finally pulled away.

Hearing Tom whine, she giggled, grabbing his hand to pull him towards her, "We have to go. Your driver has been waiting for us for the past ten minutes."

"He could wait ten more," Tom mumbled, paying no mind to the man waiting just a few feet away from them in his black range rover.

"No, he really can't," Kat whispered, beginning to wipe the lipstick off his lips, "I definitely need stronger lipsticks."

"Eh, I don't mind it," Tom shrugged.

Kat couldn't help but laugh again as they started making their way to the car, "Is this your inner Rihanna starting to make an appearance?"

"No," Tom smiled as he opened the door for her, "This is just me loving to kiss you- no matter what."

Kat rolled her eyes playfully, quietly thanking him and saying hello to the driver before attempting to fix her lipstick.

The second Tom came in though, he stopped her.

"What are you-"

He cut her off by kissing her, only making her pull away seconds later, blushing furiously.

"He can see us."

"He doesn't mind," Tom smiled, "Do you?"

"Not at all sir," he chuckled, "I'm just focusing on the road. Maybe a little music?"

Tom smiled when the radio was turned on, making Kat chuckle as she was now the one to bring him into a kiss.

The two found it really hard to pull away from each other once they started again.

They would not be stopping anytime soon.

written: October 27, 2018
posted: December 29, 2018