"What's wrong?" the brunette asked worriedly.

"It's my mom," Izzie explained. "She brought her boyfriend back home, and he... he wants us out. Can you please come and pick us up? I don't need you to bring us to yours, I know you're busy, but I need you to at least drop us off at my grandma's."

Casey bit her lip, trying not to say what she wanted to say, but the biting remark came out anyway, "Can't you get your girlfriend to do that?"

"She doesn't know the entire story yet... and she's out right now," Izzie didn't hear the acrimony in Casey's voice, or if she did, she ignored it. "Please, Casey. My mom's forced us all into one room, and he's still unhappy. We can't do anything else but get out."

Casey knew she couldn't say no to Izzie, especially since she was familiar with the family situation. Izzie's mom would do anything her boyfriend of the time desired, and it often came at a price, forcing her kids to have to adjust, even when it was near-impossible. She didn't know how Izzie managed it on her own, but it was evident by this conversation that she wasn't going to be able to handle it any longer. Casey didn't want to endanger the track captain, so she said what she had to say.

"I'll be there."

"Thank you so much," Izzie's voice broke slightly, and Casey's heart ached thinking about it. "I owe you big time, Newton."

The line disconnected, and Evan turned to look at Casey. He had been secretly listening in on the conversation, trying to pick out exactly who was talking. He hadn't figured out exactly what was going on, so he took a risk and questioned Casey.

"You'll be where exactly?"

"We have to go," Casey avoided the question, instead standing up and commanding Evan to stand up, too.

Casey walked swiftly out of the bar, and Evan barely had time to signal to Sawyer that he was leaving. He jogged to keep up pace with his girlfriend, not wanting to let her go. They had just started having fun, why were they leaving? It seemed unfair that any time Casey and him hung out was cut short, usually by Casey herself. Why couldn't she just enjoy the moment? Why couldn't she just stay?

"Where are we going?"

"One of my friends needs help," the brunette remained vague, not wanting to say anything.

She came by Evan's car, trying to pull the passenger door open but cursing when she found it was locked. Evan was by her, waiting for more explanation. He wasn't going to leave unless he had some good reason to do so.

"Who?"

"Izzie."

"What does she need?"

"A ride to her grandma's."

"And you're giving it to her?" Evan's eyes narrowed as he became annoyed. "Doesn't she have anyone else for that shit?"

"She has a girlfriend," Casey answered unnecessarily, "but she called me. And I need to go."

"Okay, but you were here, spending time with, oh I don't know, your boyfriend," Evan spat bitterly. "Call her an Uber or something."

"Evan!"

"Casey!" he mocked.

"Listen, every minute, actually, every second we're here, she could be in more danger. Her family... her home... it just isn't safe."

"Okay, but that's none of your goddamn business," he retorted. "You're out here with your boyfriend, and she feels that she's priority? What the fuck, Casey!"