Public Transport

Notes/Overview: Todoroki x reader, light sexual harassment, read at own risk, some dude gropes you on de train and your fave IcyHot saves ya. Then fluff.

[Y/N] 's POV
I decided that today I would take the train since I was a bit more sore than usual after training. I didn't think any harm would come from this. I had heard of pervs on public transport but I wasn't worried and deemed it to be exaggerated stories.

As I got to the station I though about how other students in my class also took the train, although I didn't know which train. I looked at the time on my phone and then the train timings. I had another 5-ish minutes.

I put my phone away and looked around. There were -unsurprisingly, might I add - more men than women but I couldn't care less. I kept looking around and spotted Todoroki-san on a bench looking around.

I made eye contact and gave him a small smile and a wave. He waved back and I thought I saw a smile on his face but I couldn't tell from this distance. I decided I would talk to him on the train.

Soon enough, our train came by and I got on quickly. I wasn't particularly short so I could see from where I was standing that Todoroki had gone to sit down and was on his phone. Most likely talking on the class group chat or just to Izuku-kun.

I kept staring out the window for the time being. A sudden darkness came over my eyes and a warm thing clamped harshly across my mouth. It took me a second to process what was happening.

That thing on my mouth was a hand and another one was over my eyes. I tried to struggle but the grip only got tighter. Suddenly a growl-like voice met my ears, it said "Don't squirm girlie, we're just gonna have some fun before school, kay? Now be quiet, we only have a few stops left before UA now so-"

It was cut off and the grip was gone. I took some breaths and felt a shiver run down my spine, not from fear but from the cold. I turned around to see Todoroki had frozen the man to the floor of the train.

"Are you okay [Y/N]?" The question came from his mouth a bit rushed and he sounded genuinely worried.

I also realised he called me by my first name but I brushed it off as him finally listening to me telling him to call me by my name. "I'm fine thanks Todoroki." I answered.

He let out a sigh of relief and grabbed my hand, I could feel myself heat up. "You should be more careful [Y/N]-san, a lot of men will target someone beautiful like you."

I didn't miss his compliment.

"Yeah I know, thanks Todoroki." He nodded, "No problem it's what a hero does." I chuckled lightly, "No, I mean for the compliment. I didn't know you thought I'm beautiful."

He became flushed quickly and turned his head the other way in a bashful manner. I realised he was still strongly gripping my hand so I returned the gesture by also holding his hand. He flinched and became even redder. He didn't move his hand though.

He kept the guy frozen until we handed him in at the station and carried on our journey to school. I felt warm and fuzzy inside the whole time I was holding Todoroki's hand. I knew I had a small crush on the boy but I didn't bother to do anything about it since I assumed he would down right reject me.

I guess there's no time like the present. "Hey Todoro-" "Shouto." I looked at him to see he still had a light tint of red on his cheeks. "Call me Shouto." I nodded, "Okay then Shouto~"

His name rolled off my tongue nicely. "Oh yeah, what did you want to say [Y/N] ?" I thought about it for a second then deciding I might as well spit it out.

"Oh, I was gonna say I like you a lot Shouto." I said calmly, I felt him flinch. "Ah sorry, I know you don't like me back romantically but I thought I might as well say it." I heard him mumble something, "That's not true..."

I titled my head slightly, "What's not true?" He spoke louder this time, "I like you too [Y/N]." I took a second to process what he just said.

"Well then, that's great!" I said with a smile on my face. I held his hand more lovingly now. He also returned the loving gesture and held my hand tighter.

We kept walking to school in a comfortable silence from then on. The school wasn't far though and soon students were visible. I heard a small shriek from behind us and then a louder more feminine one.

I turned around to see the trio (Izuku, Ochako and Tenya) behind us. Ochako ran up to me first and squished me in a hug, not in a way that I would have to let go of Shouto's hand, though.

Next came Izuku who was mumbling something and then turned us. "Are you two dating now?" Before I could answer as quick reply came from Shouto, "Yes, we are."

Izuku then said something along the lines of congratulations that was  blocked out by Ochako's shrill shriek of joy. "Yes! I knew it would happen some day [Y/N]! My ship has sailed!"

I gave out a cry of "Ochako!" and a small laugh before all five of us carried on our journey to school.

At the end of the day, no one had been surprised by our relationship and most congratulated us.

977 words