Chapter 28 Cause Tonight

In my mind
I thought the birds would sing and sparks would fly
But it's just quiet
Am I cruel?
Or am I ignorant or was I fooled
By the stories I knew?

Previously on Death Valley

"Hello, is this Raven Stump?" The voice from the other side of the phone said.

"Yes, this is. What's this about?" I asked.

"Raven, it's Isabella. She's dead."

Raven's POV

I was silent, my mind racing in a million different ways while my heart was numb.

"Ms. Stump?" I heard from the other end of the phone.

I brought my shaking hand to my ear, speaking into it with a quivering voice. "A-are you s-sure?"

"We're sure." The voice said.

At that moment, I dropped my phone onto my bed, the shock finally hitting me. I put a hand over my mouth, letting sobs escape my mouth in loud cries. How could she be dead? I was just with her a few hours ago. I knew I shouldn't have let her leave. I should've held her tighter, talked to her more. But I shouldn't have let her leave.

My door opened quickly, revealing a tired looking Patrick. I looked up at him, tears streaming down my face. He rushed to my side, sitting on my bed beside me, wrapping me in a tight hug.

"Honey, what's wrong?"

I gasped for breath, all of a sudden feeling as though there was a boa constrictor wrapping around my chest, closing me in and tightening around me, making it harder and harder to breathe. Patrick turned around and called for Pete, still holding me close as he waited for an answer. Pete came in a couple minutes later, rubbing his eyes and glaring at Patrick.

"What do you want-oh." He quickly rushed over to me. "What happened?"

At the question, I again tried to speak but the snake wrapped itself tighter around my chest. "I don't know. I walked into this." Patrick said quickly.

Pete moved Patrick aside and sat in front of me, holding my shoulders in his hands. "Look at me, Raven." I slowly brought my eyes to meet his, his face concerned but full of knowledge. "Take deep breaths. In," pause, "Out." He repeated this, and so did I until I could breathe again, my breaths short and shallow, but at least I could breathe. "Now, please Raven. Tell me what's going on."

I let the tears fall down my face as I looked at him. "It's Izzy." He looked at me with confusion.

"What do you mean? I thought you two were together?" He asked me.

I nodded, holding back more tears. "We were."

"So you two broke up already?"

"No!" I said quickly and frustratingly. "It's not that!"

"Then what is it?" He asked me soothingly.

"She-she's dead." I said, my sobs coming full on again. I buried my face into Pete's chest, hugging him as tight as I could, letting my tears soak his shirt. He stroked my hair, quietly shushing me as he held me. I felt a second pair of arms wrap around me, and I knew it was Patrick. "I was just with her a couple hours ago. I never should've let her leave." I let go of both of them and curled up into fetal position, putting my hands in my hair and tugging at it. "It's all my fault!" 

"You can't blame yourself for this, Raven." Pete said softly.

"Yes, I can. I let her leave and now she's dead!" I cried.

"Her parents called her home. There's nothing you could've done." Patrick chimed in.

My head popped up at that word. "Her parents."

"What?" Pete asked. "What about them?"

I quickly got up from my bed and ran towards the door. "THEY DID THIS TO HER! I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL THEM!" I screamed with anger and grief.

Pete caught me, holding me in place in his strong arms as I struggled against him. I finally gave into him, burying my head into his chest again. "She's really gone, isn't she?"

"Yeah." Pete said, his voice laced with grief also.

It was at least an hour until they could calm me down enough that they felt comfortable enough to leave the room. This left me by myself, and right now, that was the last thing I wanted. I walked to the door and opened it, looking both ways before walking into the hall and going to Andy's room. I didn't want to bother Pete or Patrick again. They had already had enough of me, I was sure of it. As soon as I opened the door to Andy's room, he looked up at me, looking into my tear stained eyes.

"Hey, Rave." He said groggily.

"Hey, Andy." I said quietly.

"You okay?" He asked me, sitting up in his bed. 

I shook my head. "Can I sleep in here tonight?"

He gave me a small smile before scooting over, making room for me and opening the blankets for me to come in. "Yeah, come on in."

I smiled back at him, running and jumping into his bed and rolling over, facing him. "Thanks Andy."

"No problem." He said quietly. "So what's wrong?"

I sighed, holding back tears. "Maybe tomorrow, but not right now."

He nodded with understanding. "Okay."

I hugged him and fell into sleep like that.

A/N

Hello, my lovelies! Here is my 28th chapter of this here book, Death Valley! Sorry for causing so much grief for you guys, but I just really wanted to do this for the person who requested it. So anyways, leave a comment and vote down below and let me know what you think!

Love from the other side of the screen,

Pebbs xx