Chapter Two: The Mysterious Kidnapping

"Amara! Hurry up and get ready!" Rose Black called to her daughter, Amara Black. "Coming mom!" came the shouted reply. Amara was in her room, putting her shiny black hair up into a high ponytail. Her eyes were mesmerizing, going from a dark violet at the top to a sky blue at the bottom, with a silver ring around her pupil. Her tight black tank top and her black ripped jeans complemented her ivory skin, a trait from her mother. The sky was stormy gray, with hints of black among the thunderclouds. "Hey mom, do you mind if I walk to school today?" she asked as she appeared in the kitchen beside her father, Sean. "I suppose not, but be careful.... You know about the strange, incidents...." Her mother replied with a guarding look. Amara rolled her eyes and shrugged. "I'll be fine I swear mom. I'll see you tonight." With that, Amara was out the door heading to school.

         School had just begun, and Amara was in the kindergarten class helping her two favorite students, Kora and her twin sister Claire. Kora and Claire both had the same short black hair, but Kora had blue eyes while Claire had crimson eyes. That day Claire had worn a salmon pink dress and a matching headband while Kora had worn a black and lavender dress with a lavender headband. "Miss Amara? Can we come to your class?" Amara laughed softly. "I wish, but I'm afraid that isn't an option..." The twins sighed sadly. "Sorry kiddos." Amara said as she gave them a tight hug. Just then the bell rang, signaling her lunch break.

          After she was finished with her lunch, Amara went back to the school, only to be met with utter chaos. Smoke rose from the kindergarten building, and police were everywhere. "What happened?!?" Amara ask frantically. "The Joker was here and somehow got into the building, setting off a grenade and taking two students hostage before fleeing the scene." Amara stared at the officer in shock. "Does anyone know who the students were? Please it's of utmost importance." The officer nodded briskly. "Yes, it was Kora and Claire Young." Amara paled, utterly horrified. "May I search the building for any clues?" The officer shrugged. "I don't see why not, go ahead." Amara weaved through the crowd quickly and unnoticed. As she walked into the building, she saw the damage wasn't nearly as bad as she had feared. She went through the slight wreckage, and saw that there was an envelope sticking out of the double desk that the twins shared. She picked it up and looked at who it was addressed to. Amara gasped. 'No way.... This is impossible...' she thought....