Chapter 22 - Meta Fiction

Start from the beginning

I begin to climb out of the car and he calls out, "Avery, wait!"

"What?" I ask, turning to look at him.

He quickly clambers out of the car and rushes around to my side. I roll my eyes, "Sam, I can open my own door."

"But you shouldn't have too, you're pregnant." He states, opening it up for me and I roll my eyes again, "Yeah, pregnant. Not an invalid."

He shuts the door behind me, "I'm sorry, I just don't want you to exert yourself."

I shake my head and smile reaching up and placing my hands on either side of his face, "You Sam Winchester, are too adorable for words."

"Adorable? Are you calling me cute?" He asks, looking offended and I laugh, "Yeah, I am."

"Cute is not a compliment." He says and I raise an eyebrow, "Am I bruising your manly ego?"

"No." He says quickly and I laugh, taking his hand in mine and intertwining our fingers, "Come on my big strong, manly man and let's go meet our kid."

He smiles and leans down, placing a long kiss on my lips. My eyes flutter closed and  reach up my free hand, placing it on his chest. His other hand snakes around my waist, holding me tightly against him. I melt into his touch, really missing this sweet moments between us. It seems that the more I get dragged into the hunting world, the less intimacy Sam and I have. And I'm not gonna lie, it breaks my heart a little.

He pulls away too soon and I open my eyes frowning at him and he chuckles, "Come on, we are already late."

I sigh and he leads the way into the clinic, his hand holding mine tightly. We walk into the beige coloured room and see a bunch of people in the waiting area. A lot of pregnant women, all in different stages of their journey.

Walking to the administration, we come to a stop in front of a secretary, who is busy typing on a computer. She glances up, "Name?"

"Avery Reynolds, fifteen week scan." I state and she nods, typing away at the computer, "Doctor Reed will be with you soon. Take a seat."

"Thank you." I say, turning to Sam, "Come on."

We make our way over to one of the rows of seats, taking the two in the corner. I let out a sigh and lean my head on his shoulder, glancing around. Directly in front of us is a woman reading a magazine, her stomach bulging out profusely. It is the most pregnant that I have ever seen a woman.

"Do you know what I just realised?" Sam asks and I glance up, seeing him looking at the woman, "Yeah?"

"That you're pregnant. That there's an actual child growing inside of you." He states and I let out a laugh, "You only just realised that?"

He shakes his head, "They're gonna be here before we know it and we are in no way prepared for that. I mean, the bunker is not a safe place to raise a child. There are stairs and so many hallways. I mean, they could get lost so easily."

"What're you saying, Sam?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

He turns and looks down at me, his face conflicted, "I think... Once all of this stuff with Metatron and Abbaddon is done, we need to leave the bunker. Get a house and raise this kid. Do what we did in the beginning, except this time... I'll leave hunting for good."