Chapter Thirty-Five - Accepting the Demon Within

Accepting the Demon Within

Sebastian ripped through the demons, slaying one after the other. One tried to run but he caught him by the throat, beheading him with a snarl of satisfaction.

His inner demon relished the freedom. For the first time in his life Sebastian felt complete.

Another demon nearly reached Victoria. Sebastian leaped for him, picking him clean off the floor, and tossing him out the window with a bellow. Nothing could stop Sebastian the Vanquisher from protecting his female.

When the last body fell to the floor he turned back to Victoria.

She struggled to stand, using the wall to inch her way back to her feet. Tears were streaming down her pale cheeks. "Sebastian...you came for me."

"Victoria!" He rushed to her, clasping her to his chest.

"Y...you came...f...for me," she sobbed.

"Of course I did," he whispered brokenly, "I love you."

She stared up at him and sniffed. "You do?"

Jasper reappeared with Chloe and Bane. "We're here."

Thank the gods. "Chloe, can you get these chains off?"

Chloe bit her lip. "I...I can try." Victoria winced as Chloe placed her hands on the chains. After a moment the witch shook her head. "I don't know if I can do this."

"What? You're a witch are you not?" Sebastian demanded.

Bane growled possessively before placing a hand to Chloe's back. "You can do this, little witch."

"I'm not good with magic okay!" Chloe cried. "You know that!"

"I just watched you destroy half a legion, Chloe. You can do this."

"Only because you were there," Chloe whispered, staring up at him wide eyed.

Bane stroked her cheek. "And I'm still here, love."

"It's hard for me," she whispered.

"You can do this," Bane stated firmly. "I have no doubt."

Chloe pursed her lips then turned back to the chains with a look of concentration. "It's a really powerful enchantment, it might take a while."

"Jasper and Bane watch the door," Sebastian ordered. "Where are Nicholas and Charles?"

"Still fighting. More demons keep coming. Gabriel is sending his whole damn army," Jasper informed him.

For Victoria?

As Bane and Jasper guarded the door Sebastian paced in front of Victoria anxiously. She was shaking and pale, barely conscious. Her arms and hands had turned a deep purple and blood trailed from her lip. He had to get her out of here.

Another siege rushed the door. Turning fully demonic Jasper used his telekinetic abilities to pull a heavy chandelier off the ceiling, sending it crashing into the group of fiery demons. Disoriented and struggling to their feet Bane rushed them. They fought the group as Sebastian stood in front of Chloe and Victoria protectively.

The two quickly finished them off just as a blood covered Charles appeared with an equally bloody Nicholas.

"Charles." Jasper ran to him.

The vampire snatched Jasper against him, kissing the spectral demon before smirking. "It pleases me when you worry."

Blushing Jasper stepped away from him. "Shut up."

"We have a problem," Nicholas said. "Forsaken are here, and a group of witches. We need to leave, now."

Shit!

"We can't leave yet. Victoria's chains won't allow her to leave," Sebastian informed them.

"Fuck," Nicholas spat, before breaking out into a grin. "Well, I guess we could just keep killing them all."

"Nicholas!" Jasper snapped.

"What? This is the most fun I've had in centuries." Wiping at a trail of blood running down his nose Nicholas chuckled. "We should do this more often."

"Easy," Sebastian ordered.

"I think I got it!' Chloe shouted with excitement.

Suddenly the chains fell with a loud clang to the floor. Victoria screamed. He just caught her as she passed out. Damn it!

"Let's get the fuck out of here!" he ordered.

******

Sebastian watched as Victoria slept soundly in their bed. He sighed, the tension that had racked him since she'd left finally seeping from his body.

She was here, with him and safe.

He touched her cheek gently, wincing at the scratches along her jaw and harsh bruises around her wrists. Thankfully, she was healing nicely.

Anger gripped him, momentarily snuffing out his happiness. He had wanted desperately to kill that bastard Shaw. He couldn't believe the wolf had escaped him.

And Ivan...he would destroy that fuck once and for all.

But for now he had Victoria with him. And she loves me. Smiling, he brushed a strand of hair from her forehead.

"Well, you seem happy," Levina's soft voice sounded from behind him.

"Yes." He smiled, clasping Victoria's hand gently within his own. His hatred for the mystic had turned into that of pure gratitude. If not for Levina he would not have his Victoria. There wasn't enough money in the world to repay such a debt. "Although, you could have helped us to retrieve her. We had to take on a damn army."

"I believe I filled my quota for charity work this week," Levina chuckled. "I did save you from the poison after all. And gave you her location. And helped you to stop being such a stubborn ass."

"Alright, alright."

"She is beautiful isn't she?" she sighed, inspecting Victoria with a critical eye. "Lucky bastard."

Sebastian chuckled, "It's as if you knew along." He eyed her suspiciously.

She waved her hand, dismissing the idea. "Oh please. I can't see the future. Wouldn't want to for that matter. A cousin of mine is particularly gifted with sight."

"Thank you," he murmured, staring lovingly down at his female. "I could never repay you."

"Oh, I'm sure I can think of something," she mused devilishly.

Sebastian looked up at her with a mixture of concern and amusement. "Why does that worry me?"

"As it should." She grinned impishly. "You owe me one, Demon King."

Sebastian laughed softly, shaking his head. Somehow he knew this wasn't that last he would see of the mystical woman.