𝟏| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄

Start from the beginning

"Nicky, over here!"

I looked to where their eyes were looking. It was obvious that this guy was a leader of some sort to the three boys. He had perfect greased hair, tight denims, black boots, light blue shirt and a necklace that resembled a tire with a star in the middle. He also had a cigarette behind his ear even though he had one in between his lips. So he's a chainsmoker. He had on a leather jacket which had the "T-Bird" brand too. Men look great in leather, just sayin'.

"Aye, where you at?" The leader looked at the group of boys, standing firm, as if expecting a tackle.

"We're right here!" One of them said, all giggly.

The boys jumped in the air and highfived him down low. "Where were you all summer?" The blond boy looked at his leader expectantly.

"Yeah!" Another one chimed.

"What are you, my mother?" The leader and the gang had Brooklyn, maybe New Jersey accents, which surprised me too. Since I'm from Brooklyn, I guess I'd fit in fine.

"I was just askin'" The blond said, deflated.

The leader, Nicky, flapped his collar up, "I was working," he looked at all of the boys surrounding him. "Which is more than any of you skits can say."

"Working?" One of them asked, dumbfounded that their leader was working.

"That's right. I was luggin' boxes at Bargain City, moron." Nicky boasted.

"Nice job," the one wearing their brand said in a nasally voice, mocking the leader to his friends.

"Eat me," he said in a slow, taunting tone and he hit the guy in the chest. "I've been saving for some wheels." The crossed his arms and smirked.

"Hey! You wanna hear what I did?" The blond asked excitedly.

"No," the leader said, crossing his arms.

"Hey! There's Danny! Va-voom-a-va-voom-a-va-voom!" One of them exclaimed and started babbling like one of the three stooges. The group turned around and I saw another branded leather jacket, leaning over a group of girls. The guy turned around, a smoke in his smiling mouth. He grinned bigger when he saw who called his name.

The group, all but Nicky, kept saying random things at Danny. The one wearing the brand first, marched up and presented himself with his arms out for a bro-hug. Danny walked over, fake-hitting the guy with his arms out in the nuts and shook hands with Nicky in greeting. They all walked over to the side to talk. They were too far for me to hear anything, but the group were all listening to Danny.

They talked for a while until the bell rang. I got moving and walked unintentionally in front of the group. Catcalls and whistles came from behind me and I turned to see the original three checking me out. Nicky looked me from up and down but Danny didn't see all that interested.

"Glad to know that someone's enjoying," I winked at the group, blowing a bubble and popping it quickly.

I heard a hit from behind me, someone hitting someone else. "Hey, you didn't tell me there's a new hot chick in town."

Nicky.

"I didn't see her."

Danny.

I turned and smiled, making my way to the front office to pick up my schedule.

I walked into the room and teachers were complaining about a boy named 'Kenickie'. Must be that Nicky boy from outside. The auto teacher leaned against the counter, looking at the redhead from behind the counter. "How many days until Christmas break?"