The Chosen- Chapter 29

Start from the beginning

The influence of the animal in his vocal chords was the most seductive thing. It was low. It was dark. It rasped over my skin, slipped around my throat and stroked over my pulse point. "You okay?" he arched a brow but didn't move.

I got the feeling that he was aware of what his dominance felt like. It was like every inch and crevice in the room was filled with it. Sometimes liquid and sometimes gas. Drowning and suffocating all at once when you got too close. But it was getting easier to navigate the longer I braved it. It was an addiction in itself too. There was a sense of protectiveness hidden inside. He wanted me safe. There was nothing to be afraid of. He didn't want me afraid of our mating. It felt dangerous, but under everything was Nye. All of him. Open.

One step at a time, I neared him. "Better?" his voice was soft. I nodded. "It's a lot, I know. Take it slow."

He was the dominant, but he didn't make any move toward me. He didn't push or crowd into my space. He coaxed and let me approach him in my own timing. It was the tactic of someone trying to seem less threatening and I was grateful for it.

"How–?" my voice cracked and I cleared my throat blushing.

"What is it?" his tone grew softer than before. Careful.

"How do we do this – er – thing?" I gestured vaguely.

"How do you usually do it?" his focus roved from my stomach all the way up to my face and it was as bad as if he'd done it with his hands. It took a second to breathe around that no-touch sensation. It wasn't in my head. I was sure he'd run his fingers across my skin.

"I don't want to do this like I usually do. You're–," I dragged my gaze from his mouth, "–we're different."

"Not a one night stand. More," he smiled and took my hand in his, "Mates." The word was a kick to the heart in the best way.

"Yeah," I chuckled rubbing at my nape, "This is so awkward."

"Very," he agreed his other hand coming to rest on my hip, "We're over thinking it. It's easy. It's us."

"Nye and Richie," I agreed, "We can do this."

I stopped talking. My voice was growing hoarse. The room felt like a sauna. Hot air blew on my face when it should have been room temperature. My hair stuck to my forehead, wet with sweat. I was on edge. That precipice you hung on when a single touch could bring you to orgasm.

I could catch his scent but it was changed. It was warmer, more urgent. I could taste his arousal on the air. Mouth dry again, I wet my lips. I really wanted him. I didn't know how or where, but he was my single focus.

The need was dizzying. Strong hands, calloused from hard work and wilderness, gripped my hips as if to steady me. "I got you," he whispered into my skin lips pressing a kiss onto my hipbones. His fingers brushed just beneath the waistband of my briefs.

His mouth was simultaneously too close to my cock for my liking and not close enough. He placed another kiss just above the waistband and another again over my stomach. One a little higher and more even higher than that. Something about his touch felt like body worship. Like it was more than a body he'd fuck and leave behind. It was something cherished.

It took the world of patience to wait for him to get to my lips, and still he teased. My neck, my jaw, cheek, nose, eyelids. Everywhere he could get to. His eyes fluttered open and his lips tipped up at the corners in a smile more devastating than any he'd ever aimed my way. "God, you're beautiful," I murmured against his lips, taking the kiss from him before he could tease me again.

His lips were soft and cool. As cool as his hands and every part of us that touched. It was as if he was designed to douse the heat that had me half delirious and swaying on my feet. Finger tips pushed my hair out of the way and grasped my face.